Chapter 46

After a few minutes of discussing my relationship with Chloe, the doorbell rang. We both ran up to get answer it. Karla stood at the door, her features looked somewhat nervous, something I wouldn't have expected to see from Karla while she was around me.

"Hi Karla" I flashed a bright honest smile, hoping it would calm her down.

"Hi" She smiled back.

"Come on in" Chloe and I moved to the side, letting her in. We all sat around in a small circle, I moved the coffee table to the side to make us more comfortable. Chloe turned on the TV, which justed created background noise while we talked.

"So Chelseas' party was something huh?" Chloe raised her eyebrows. I knew what she was doing, it was too obvious. I eyed her in a way that Karla wouldn't notice, Chloe had a smirk on her face when she turned to look at me.

"Yeah, it was fun" Karla spoke.

"Zoe, you had some night didn't you?" The sly smile was still plastered on Chloe's face. The night was an awful night, which I would never, ever, wish to replay.

"Yeah..." I paused, "Everyone knows what happened with me, so what about you?" I faced Karla.

Karla responed with a shrug.

"Come on, something must've happened" Chloe coaxed.

"What about you Chloe, what happened with you?" I was gonna make sure I got back to Karla, but first I needed to make her comfortable while talking to us. And I knew Chloe had at least one embarassing story from that night.

"Michael was being a douche"Chloe didn't hesitate to say it.

"He was just plain out rude, when other boys were around he was protective, but when girls were he treated me like complete and utter shit" She began, "So I called him out on it, you were probably up stairs Zoe, but Karla you were there... I think"

Karla began to speak, after making sure Chloe was done with her story about how she called him out and "dumped his sorry ass"

"So, like, um" Karla hesitated, "I'm pregnant"

"Woah, wait, you think youre pregnant or you know you are pregnant?" Chloe asked.

"I know I am" Karla disappointidly said.

"You don't have to feel bad, I mean, Calum loves kids" I said, hoping it would make her feel better.

"It's not his" Guess it didnt .

"W-What do you mean its not his" Chloe hesitantly asked.

Karla seemed to be disappointed and full of regret on her actions. But then again who wouldn't be?

"Before Calum I dated someone else, and" She didn't go on. We knew the rest, we knew they had sex and we knew they broke up, so what more was there to say.

"Don't worry," I reassured her, "we will be here for you no matter what"

Karla nodded, biting her lip to hold back the tears.

"Do your parents know?" Chloe asked.

Karla shook her head, "no one knows, but you two"

Her head was bowed down, she couldn't look at us. I felt horrible but I didn't know what I should do. And apparently neither did Chloe.

"Are you planning on telling them" Chloe said. I was scared for Karla. We took it pretty well in my opinion. Other people are so judgmental when it comes to stuff like this, and I get where they are coming from. But most people are really harsh and hateful towards teen moms and I wanted to protect her from them while Calum couldn't.

"When I get bigger I plan on telling them" She managed a laugh.

"How far aLong are you?" I asked her.

"About 13 weeks" She shrugged.

"You've managed to keep it from everyone that long?" She nodded, "and no one got suspicious at all?"

A couple hours later after discussing Karla's pregnancy, we decided to just relax and watch romantic movies on Netflix. Which involved a lot of "aww"s and cries from the three of us. Karla, wasn't gonna get an abortion thankfully. It was amazing how long she's kept it from everyone. You would think, by now, someone would've noticed but no one really did. She was good at keeping the attention away from her. But at some point she would've have to deal with the spotlight on her face. Around the third movie Chloe and Karla fell asleep on the floor, I quietly grabbed some blankets from the hallway closet and covered them up. As I began to prepare myself to go to bed beside them, I received a text message.

Ashton:

Come outside :)

It was around 1 in the morning, and I could possibly wake them up. I decided to take the risk and go outside. I quietly pulled the door open. It was warm and sticky outside, and it instantly made me want to run inside and take a nice cold shower.

Ashton was leaning against my parents' car, casually scrolling through something on his phone.

"Do you realize what time it is?!" I did a combination of a whisper and a yell, for some reason. It's not like I wouldved yelled. But it didn't feel right talking in a normal voice.

"Since when does time matter?" He asked me, grabbing me by my arm and pulling me to his chest.

"Since there are two girls sleeping in my living room" I spoke into his chest. I could hear his heart beating. So rhythmic and soothing. I wanted to stop time. I don't know why but this moment was perfect. A while later we both let go of each other's grasp. He whispered goodnight into my ear and gave me a kiss, before sending me back inside.

I slept calming and comfortably on the floor. I could sleep here more often. My parents came home but they didn't disturb us. I was the first one to wake up out of the three, and I knew I was going to because they looked so peaceful last night who would want to wake up from something like that. Ashton texted me, we we're gonna go have breakfast at some restaurant in the neighboring town. I got ready and hoped that while I was doing so the girls would get up.

Ashton's POV

Zoe stayed surprisingly silent the whole ride. Which didn't seem so long, but with her silence it did at the same time.

"Are you ok?" I asked her, I didn't have a clue on what could possibly be wrong with her. Expect for the fact that she left Chloe and Karla sleeping in her house and worried they wouldn't trash the place. We both knew they were mature enough not to but she just kept overthinking it and overthinking doesn't get you anywhere. She didn't answer.

It took forever to get a table, in the damn restaurant and if that wasn't enough the waiter was annoying and kept checking out Zoe as he walked past our table. Thankfully she didn't wear anything revealing. But she didn't need cleavage to get the attention of men.

"So, you have the day off, what do you want to do?" I asked her.

"I'm not sure" She shrugged eyeing the menu.

It seemed like something was bothering her, but I didn't want it to be me so I can't my mouth shut until the waiter came back and took our orders.

"Here's your water ma'am" The waiter, set the drink down in front of her.

She thanked him, and he set my drink down a bit more rudely then he did hers. Then before walking back to the kitchen he winked.

"I swear to god if that guy does anything again-"

"What do you mean?" She innocently asked, unaware that the guy was practically drooling over her.

"Do you not see what he's doing!"

"He's being nice, Ashton" She said, taking a sip from her drink.

"He's flirting with you, Zoe" I mocked her, "you're literally so caught up in whatever you're worrying about that you can't see this dick ogling at your breast"

"No he's not" Zoe said, glaring at me as the waiter came over, and placed the food in front of us.

"Enjoy" He gave Zoe a toothy grin and walked away.

"Are you jealous?" She asked trying to hide her smirk.