Chapter 17

"Why don't we to find someone for you?" Calum suggested. We had been siting down for at least 10 minutes.

"Nah, lets just go on some rides as then we can leave"

He nodded. We got up and headed to the nearest slide/ride. The line wasn't as long, it was one of the shortest so far. We grabbed the mats used to slide down. Calum got into the tube next to mine. Two other girls next to him. The guy told us to lay on our stomaches and hold onto the end of the mat at all times.

We pushed ourselves and headed into the dark tubes by ourselves. It was dark for a while. It didn't jerk as much as the other ones. But I did hit the side of the slide, from time to time. When I saw the light I knew I was about to head down.

At the end all the water splashed onto me. Calum finished almost at the same times as me. We gave our blue mats to the guy collecting them.

***

We headed to the locker to collect our stuff. And left the girls stuff in there for them. We didn't bump into them so we assumed they were gonna go with Michael and Luke. A pang of guilt hit me. I was the one that made them go away.

I was the reason we wouldn't create new memories for our last days of ,possibly, being together.

It was said Chloe might move after graduation. But none of us asked her, because it probably wasn't true. We might go to different collages so we would have to move away from each other anyways.

We headed to the parking lot. And got into the car.

This was the hardest part of growing up. After summer we might never see each other again. One of us might get into a fight with the other, and that would break our friendships. It was a horrible thing, to think about all the ways you'll lose your friends.

Calum connected his phone to the car and started to play music.

'Demons' by Imagine Dragons started to play. A song which Chloe forced him to get.

"Last day of school, tomorrow" Calum said, he sounded a bit blue.

"Yeah" I sighed. Everyone was gonna get emotional. We've all practically spent everyday of our life's together. Most of our parents not wanting to move from this town, it being nice and quiet. It was better for "raising your children", my mom would always say that. She would say that we would be away from the dangerous of inner-city towns.

Despite the fact that this town was beautiful and it was where all our memories were created. I wanted to see the world. I wanted to see big cities. And go to them with our friends.

"I don't wanna graduate, can't we stay seniors forever?" I spoke.

Calum laughed, "we can just hope we get held back"

"That's the only way" I chuckled. A phone rang.

Calum grabbed his phone from the cup holder and looked at it.

He looked at the road and the phone as he typed. Luckily texting and driving was still legal here.

"Chloe wanted to know where we were" he said putting his phone back.

I nodded, "did you tell her we left?"

"Yeah, do you think they'll get mad?"

"Very, but they still have a ride, unless the boys ditched them"

We both laughed at the thought of them being left alone. Even though it was mean, it was pretty funny.

We arrived home earlier than I expected. Calum decided to stay and play some video games.

It had been two hours and we were bored out of our minds. The girls haven't bothered to call yet. I knew what I did was wrong, but they could've been a bit more understanding. Especially Chloe, probably figuring that it was jealousy that took over and made me say that.

***

Calum and I decided to head to the gym. He hoped to find some hot girls, while I, I hoped to take my mind off of Zoë. He was wearing some of my clothe, being to lazy to go back home and get his own.

The gym was practically empty, but a couple of guys by the weights and some girls on the treadmills.

Calum decided to follow me to the ellipticals, not wanting to be by the big buff guys at the weights.

The girl on that was on treadmill walked towards the ellipticals. She stood on the one two away from mine. She smiled at me and I returned it. Her hair was white and her eyes were sea blue. You could really see them, I bet they were bluer when you got closer.

"It's rude to stare" she laughed.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise I was staring" I quickly apologised.

"It's fine, I don't get much male attention anyway." She smiled, "I'm Isabel"

"Ashton" I smiled back.

____________________________________________________

I'm not even gonna bother writing authors note.

Wow I'm mad.

Are you mad?

This is a really short chapter. That's why we're all mad.

Skool suxs

Whatever I'm gonna try writing I got writers block and sigh the struggle.

-H xx