Chapter 44

Ashton's POV

"Do you know how long I've been waiting to kiss you" I told her, pushing the strands of hair away from her face. She bit her lip and laughed, which caused me to laugh.

"I love your laugh" She told me poking one of my very noticeable dimples. We were still laying on the grass. She was right beside me, her hand was on the side of her head supporting her hand up. It was silent for a moment, but not an awkward silence, but the good silence.

"We should go inside," She suggested, and I nodded in reply. Zoë stood up, and wiped her back off. She grabbed my hand and helped me up. Once I was up she didn't let go of my hand like I expected she would. Her petite hand felt almost perfectly in mine.

"Which house should we go to?" I asked her, we stood on the grass that separated both houses. It was a hard decision to making seeing both houses had their own good things. She shrugged lightly and looked over at me as if asking me.

"Ill go wherever you go," I smiled.

"You have to make it so difficult" She teased, "let's go to yours, you're barely there anymore"

We walked on over to my house. I took Zoë into my room where we both laid down in bed and watched a movie.

"Are you gonna stay the night?" I asked her, she held a cup of water in her hands.

She looked down at cup, "do you want me to?" She asked slowly.

"It's fine by me" I shrugged.

"Then I guess I'll stay" She said giving me a small smile, and returning her focus on the tv. It was nearly midnight and we had finished watching two movies. While Zoë picked out the next movie I decided to change. Meaning, take of my clothe and climb into bed.

I grabbed some basketball shorts, and a t-shirt, and placed them on the bed. Zoë sat on the floor flipping through the small book that contained the movies.

"This one," She said to herself, placing the DVD in and getting up from her spot on the floor to join me.

"Oh, uh, I left you some clothe just incase you wanted to spend the night" I pointed to the clothe I had try to neatly lay out for her, but I easily failed.

She giggled and smiled at me, "thanks, Ashton"

She grabbed the clothe in her arms and headed to the bathroom to change. I was ecstatic that she was staying the night but I didn't want to show it. This would be the first time we would sleep together without it being awkward, since we are now a couple. When Zoë came back out she still looked beautiful. I wondered how she managed to look great in everything she wore. She could literally be wearing the most hideous outfit and still find a way to make it look hot on her.

"So what are we watching?" I asked, pressing the green button that allowed the movie to play.

"Monsters Inc" Zoë grinned at me.

"I have that?"

"Apparently" She shrugged.

She rested her head on my shoulders as we sat with our backs pressed against the headboard. Zoë zoned out the world throughout the movie, she was truly a child at heart. It took forever to get her focus off the tv and onto me and what I was trying to say. Lights snuck in through the windows, Zoë looked out the window to see her parents car pulling up the driveway of her house.

"Finally" she muttered under her breath.

"What do you mean?" I asked, she continued to look out the window.

"They've barely been home, I haven't seen them in ages" she easily explained, then turned her focus back to the tv. You could tell something was still bothering her but I decided not to ask her about it.