Chapter 36

I needed to find Calum who was hopefully sober enough to drive me home. I found Chloe siting alone at the kitchen counter as few people entered and left the room once they got what they were looking for. It surprised me how much alcohol they had stored up in this house.

"Have you seem Calum?" I asked.

"No, why?" She sat up, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing I shook my head, I grabbed Chloe's cup and finished the last of her drink.

"The hell Ashton" her facial features changed and she looked angry now.

"Sorry" I shrugged. I walked away from Chloe figuring she was no help at all. Calum was my only hope home if not I'd have to wait till next morning. Bodies pushed past me each of them knowing exactly where they were going. I decided to go outside and get away from this headache of a party. It was nice outside, and no one was really out here which was nicer.

I sat at the edge of the driveway. As I looked up at the sky I realized me, Calum, Zoe, and Chloe were all going to the same place. I groaned letting my head hit the hard ground of grass. I looked up at the starry summer sky. While Trying to find constellations it took my mind off everything.

"Hey, are you ok?" A voice called, followed by the faint slam of the door.

"Hmm" is all I managed to mumble.

"Do you mind if I join you out here?" It was a female.

I made some humming noise, it was like my mouth wasn't able to open anymore. My eyes stayed locked on the sky. It looked as if someone painted it and hung it up so the whole world could see. It was so beautiful. The girl sat beside me. I couldn't see her face but she was sitting with her legs up to her chest and arms wrapped around her calfs. She was wearing a shirt 5 sizes to big and leggings.

"The party got to much for you too huh?" She asked. Her voice was soothing to hear, like someone that could go on for hours and I'd never get annoyed by. Clearly the alcohol fully kicked in.

"Sure"

"Like I wanted to come, but I didn't know girls from this side of town where so slutty and annoying" She spoke.

"Your from the other side?" I asked her, trying to tilt my head to see her face. But unfortunately her haired covered what I would be able to see of her face.

"Yeah I got dragged here by my cousin" She sighed, "what about you, what's your excuse?"

"The girl I love won't love me" my voice cracked.

"That sucks, how long have you liked her?"

"Just recently,"

"Love sucks" She tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Tell me about it" I groaned, "I actually thought if I told her she would feel something toward me but instead she thought I was joking and told me she couldn't feel the same way"

It was silly thinking I could've gotten away from thinking about Zoe but she always finds her way into my head. I will never be able to stop thinking about her. I thought going outside would help me get her out but this fucking stranger comes along and everything spills out of my mouth and I can't control it.

.ZOES POV.

A guilty feeling spread throughout my body. I felt bad saying that to Ashton. But I meant it, at least I thought I did. He was drunk anyway he didn't know exactly what he was saying.

"Hey" Calum joined stood next to me as I watched a game of beer pong.

"Hi" my voice sounded monotone, hopefully he wouldn't notice it.