Chapter 4

It was finally Friday. It seemed like what happened between me and Ashton never did happen.

Ashton's mom had taken the car to work, so be had to ride the bus I realised that when he was got to the end of the street which was the bus stop. I regularly rode the bus. It was a horrible bus. The bus driver wasn't even close to strict so it was a huge mess.

"Zoë" Ashton sung as he got to the bus stop.

"Ashey Poo" I called out to him. Kids from the other street gathered at the stop sign. He stood next to me. The chatter grew louder among us.

"Just one more week and we're done with being kids" I said. I felt the need to get closer to Ashton, to keep warm from the cool morning air. But I stopped myself, if I did have a boyfriend it would've been wrong even though he was my friend.

"It's amazing" he started,"it's amazing how time flew by so quickly, how we were just third graders prancing around not giving a care in the world and next thing we know is that we're becoming adults"

My eyes widened,"that was the smartest thing I've ever heard from you" I joked, Ashton was smart we both knew it. He would say sentimental things a lot he would put lots of thought into his writing. It was amazing a young boy could say that. And when things like that come out of his mouth, it makes stuff like that come out of mine.

The bus came to stop at the edge of the street. One-by-one the load of students hopped on. The worst thing about the bus was finding seat.

Calum and Chloe also rode the bus. Usually Calum got a ride with Ashton but since the car was a "family" car Ashton didn't get it much it unless it was a weekend. If I missed the bus Ashton would offer me a ride. But I didn't miss the bus much often. So if none of us had a ride Calum, Ashton and I would ride the bus. Which was normal for all of us to ride is really all I'm saying...

To save seats for the four of us Ashton sat in the empty seat in front of me. While both of us put our legs on the seat to sit alone until one of us came on. It was simple really.

Calum got on first, Ashton moved himself and the stuff and scooted over for Calum.

"Hey" he said almost out of breath.

"Did you run to the stop?" I asked while laughing.

"Yeah" he panted. I let him have a sip from my water bottle.

"I love you so much Zoë" he thanked me.

"Who doesn't?" I joked.

"True" replied with a smirk on his face. He looked over at Ashton who only shook his head at him as if in a disagreement of something.

I tilted my head, confused in the silent conversation the boys were having. I sighed, probably never knowing what that was all about.

Soon enough Chloe had gotten on and sat with me. She looked extra cheery.

"What's up with you?" I asked placing my bag on my lap.

She didn't say anything.

"Chloe I swear to god tell me or I'll strangle you" I demanded.

"My dads coming today!" She said, excitement filled her words. Chloe's dad was an awesome father. Unfortunately he would go away on business trips now and then. The fact that he was separated from his children a lot was what made him such a kind father. When he got back they would catch each other up on everything. Chloe's brother who had a wife and was a soon to be lawyer came to visit them more often when his dad came.

"Oh yay! How long?"

"He's gonna be here for graduation and prom" she squealed. I smiled her cheeriness rubbed off on me. I loved seeing her happy. It filled me with joy.