Chapter 39

"You forgot Karla?" I laughed at Calum as they finished me telling me what they knew about what happened. Which wasn't much. Sadly, as they were telling me I remembered and it hurt me even more know that I was sober.

"Yeah, I was just in such a rush to get you home I sorta forgot she came along with us" He gave me a small smile. I knew they were expecting to be hurt after the "dramatic" story. But I couldn't show them how horrible I still felt.

"You're such a shit boyfriend" I playful shoved him.

He laughed, "I am aren't I?"

"So you aren't mad or sad?" Chloe asked.

I shrugged, "I guess not, I mean I was expecting something dramatic and life changing but I mean that happens all the time so.."

I did my best to not show that I was still sad.

"Ok" She slowly said, finding it a little weird.

"Anyway, I should go home I'll see you guys later" I tried my best to smile. I went upstairs to get my shoes and my phone.

"I can drive you home" Calum offered.

"No I'll walk" I said, heading out the door and waving goodbye to the group of friends that stood in the living room, watching me walk down the driveway. The sun hit my skin and I could feel all the warmth. The weather hasn't been this nice for a while, so it was a good decision to walk. It also gave me some time to think.

My hair was probably a mess and so was my makeup. But I honestly didn't care at the moment. My mind just kept racing with thoughts of last night.

How could a moment so intimate mean so little to some people. Its truly disgusting how we're living among sex-crazed monsters. It's disgusting how they'd do anything just to get with a person and have it mean absolutely nothing while to the other person it probably meant something. Maybe the other person actually liked them.

I mean one-night stands are a totally different thing, both people know that it means nothing it's just do what you need to do and go.

But to say incredibly sweet things, to think that you're friends and maybe something better. Than to go to your friends and think of it as a game is horrible.

Almost as if on cue my phone rang. And it was Chris. He had left about 13 calls and many, many text messages.

"What do you want?" I answered.

"Zoë finally" He sighed, "look Zoë, it wasn't like that, what you heard"

"Then what was it like Chris, id be delighted to know" I said in a mocking tone.

"You're actually gonna let me talk?"

"Sure go 'head"

I turned the corner, Calum did live in a really nice part of the neighborhood. We didn't hang out at his house as much so I didn't really know what this part was like.

"Ok so yeah we were competing about how many girls we could fuck that night, but when I met you it was different I actually wanted to, I was gonna tell them that it wasn't like that and I was done playing, Im sorry"

I didn't reply, it was silent on both ends.

"Zoe are you still there?"

"Yep,"

"I really am sorry I didn't think of you as a game, I really do like you Zoe"

I laughed, if I had a nickel for every time someone told me they "really did" like me I'd be bathing in a tub full of money. They were all lies. All the times a guys had told me that.