Chapter 34

I woke up at around one in the morning, a bright, yet dim light hit my face. The TV was off, and beside me sat Ashton. He had his glasses on and was reading one of my books from my shelf.

"What are you doing?" my voice comes out in almost a whisper.

"I couldn't sleep" He turned the page. He looked really into the book, I read it a long time ago.

"I'm sorry if the light woke you I didn't think you'd notice it" Ashton apologised for nothing.

"It's fine the light didn't bother me" I manage a small smile. It's way too early to be awake.

"This is a really good book, you have good taste Zoë," He chuckled, it meant a lot coming from a person who never read.

"I know" I sat up in the bed. I doubt I was gonna fall back asleep. I grabbed a book I was halfway into, but didn't have the time to finish, off the nightstand.

Once I picked up the book I couldn't stop reading, I just kept flipping the pages. Reading word after word soaking it all in. I was really into this book, but then again I'm into a lot of books. I read until I finished the book, it was a small book anyway. By then Ashton had fallen asleep. I turned the lights off, and laid back down, staring at the dark ceiling. I plugged the headphones into my phone and started to play my music. I shut my eyes, knowing I was safe from not falling asleep. Ashton turned and wrapped his arms around my waist. He was still sleeping. He was warm, and it felt very comfortable, I somehow safe?

Ashton's POV

I woke up at about 7. Zoë was gone from beside me. There was chatter coming from downstairs and I figured her parents were home.

"Why was there a boy in your bed?" I heard her dad say clearly, followed by Zoë giggling.

"It's Ashton dad, don't get so worked up"

I heard footsteps, and Zoës mom appeared at the door.

"Good morning Ashton" She greeted me with a friendly smile.

"Good morning Mrs.Hymore." I sat up in the bed.

"Breakfast is almost ready," She said than headed back downstairs. I tried to find something to wear. Frantically looking under, over, and in between everything for some jeans or something. I couldn't go downstairs in my boxers.

Finally, I'd found the jeans I wore yesterday under the bed.

I fixed my hair a bit and headed to the kitchen. Zoë and her dad were both siting by the counter. Zoës mom was still cooking up a bacon and eggs that I guess we were having.

"Good morning" I smiled.

"Good morning Ashton" Her dad said all cheery, "How do you like Zoës' bed?"

Both Zoe's parents broke into laughter. As I stood there awkwardly.

"Dad" Zoë spoke.

"He's just teasing, after god know how many years Ashton, you should know when he's telling a joke" Mrs.Hymore laughed, grabbing four plates.

"It's his tone of voice that throws you off" I joined them on the counter.

"Does you mom know you're here?" Mrs.Hymore asked, placing a plate of food in front of me.

"I would hope so," I took a bite of my bacon.

"Why didn't you invite Calum and Chloe to this... sleepover?" Mr.Hymore asked Zoë.

"Well one, because it wasn't a sleepover, two I don't think they'd want to come" Zoë replied as she poured herself orange juice.

"What do you mean they wouldn't wanna come?" Her mom asked.