The babysitter

One day, Vanilla was packing all her things for her business trip. But right now, she was stressed. She was going away for a whole week, leaving Cream and Cheese alone in the house. She tried for the past few days to get a babysitter but she couldn't. She didn't know what to do, and so, she had to go now.
She went outside, and her eyes widened. When she got outside, she saw a black blur heading her way. It was Shadow the hedgehog. The deep, cold, dark edge-hog.Vanilla then had an idea.  She stopped him, and Shadow looked at her.
"Shadow. You are just the hedgehog I want to talk to," she smiled. "I am?" Shadow asked. "Shadow. I'm going on a business trip, and I need your help," she explained. "Uh...okay.... What is it?" He asked. "I need you to take care of Cream for me while I'm gone. Can you do that?" Shadow just stared in silence. He never talked to Cream in his life, and he never took care of anyone before. "You mean...like a babysitter?" He asked. "That's right," Vanilla nodded. "Don't worry, I left a note for you on the fridge. You'll get it."Suddenly, the taxi came by. "So wait, how long will you be gone?" Shadow asked. "A week," she said. "Goodbye Shadow," she said as she closed the door, and the taxi drove off.
"Why me...?" Shadow asked himself. "What have I gotten myself into...?"