Chapter Twelve- Greydon

Start from the beginning

"Because of your eyes. I am a good reader of them. They speak of great pain and desire of a life that is alternate from this."

"I have nothing to go to-"

"It is entirely your choice. I will not force you."

"You must be one of the kindest men I have crossed paths with."

"I believe you can influence those who are stubborn in their sole direction. But you will have to pretend and now allow anyone beneath the truth."

"I am grateful."

"Something troubles you?"

"I have much darkness that follows me, and you speak of those that wish to destroy you. If their paths cross-"

"I hold arsenals of soldiers at my side, they are made for battle and itching for one. You will be safe here...but I cannot promise anything more than that."

"You have already given me much...I accept it with a grateful heart."

"Then you shall be acquainted into our family. You will be a long cousin from many lines of lineage crossed. Deserted family, without money, and desperate to connect with her family. Then when I ask of you, you shall play the part of the lustful seduction mistress."

"I will do whatever is necessary as a thank you for what you have done for me."

"There is no need to thank me quite yet, only do so when I have changed your opinion of yourself. You have had to do what was needed to survive, we all do that in different ways. I promise to not leave that thought while you linger here."

She nodded before the woman reentered the room. "Dinner is prepared, darling." The woman spoke to Joseph as he cast a look towards Evelyn.

"Would you be able to join us?" He asked as he extended his hand. "Only if you are well enough to do so." Reading his own eyes as a plea to accept his offering, she nodded and was assisted by him and his wife before moving into the dining room. Finding a large wooden room decorated with a beautiful ivory fireplace and a long dining table surrounded by at least two dozen chairs, she took the space around her, in.

"Your home is exquisite."

"Thank you, dear." The woman spoke before helping her sit in the seat near the middle part of the table. Plates and silverware were already placed in front of her as she had watched as other family members entered the room and gave her long glances of confusion. When everyone was seated, the man stood in front of his seat before clearing his throat to gain the attention of everyone.

"As you can see, we have a guest with us tonight. Fate would have it that she is our very family." The children lit up with excitement as the teenage girls glared and the men stared with intrigue. "You will treat her as such, and if I discover the opposite, you shall be exiled to the tower." A loud moan came over the room as the older woman chuckled with the sudden but common reaction.

"Where is she from?" One of the kids asked while barely being able to see over the table.

"She is from-"

"I want her to tell us." One of the snobbish girls asked as they glared at her. "I want to know if she can speak."

"I am from Harbour Keys." They looked to one another with shock. A place so common with poverty and sickness-a reputation that outstretched to every corner of the world.

"How did you get here?"

"Enough with the interrogation." Just as his command was accepted, the double doors of the kitchen came open as a woman with dark skin entered and placed a large dish in the center of the table and a man matching the same description, only much taller, placed wine and water in large jugs in front of them.