»part 9 » beauty in the air

Start from the beginning

I groaned and shut my eyes as I sat up, "You plan on bashing my brains in?"

Lip let out a sigh of relief and loosened his grip on the silver killing machine before running his hand through his messy hair.

"A little help?" I asked as I held my hand to my throbbing forehead. My fingers meet a sticky, warm, substance and it knew I was reckless.

"You okay?" He asked as he reached for my hand helping me to my feet.

As I reached Lip's stance, the room began to spin and I felt myself falter. The throbbing in my head persisted and I felt my stomach quake with the sudden movement. Everything normal I felt earlier was now replaced with nausea and sharp pain.

"Fuck, you're bleeding," He said as he lightly touched my cheek and examined my face in the dark. I felt my cheeks redden and my face heat up. The feeling was out of instinct, I couldn't help it.

I chuckled lightly, "Yeah, I have a habit of self-destruction."

"Come on," He said quietly as his hand dropped to mine, taking me lightly in his hold. I felt my warm cheeks get hotter and suddenly the pain in my head was void. The liquor in my system was still very much present and you could tell by the goofy smile on my face as he led me to the kitchen.

He flicked on the light and walked over to one of the cabinets, "What are you doing here so late?"

I jumped to sit on the counter across from him and scratched my head, "Renee got pretty fucked up at the bar. Lost our keys and wallets, had nowhere else to go. Hope you don't mind."

He began rustling around in the cabinet, "She trashed?"

"Fucking hammered." I chuckled and twiddled my thumbs.

As he continued looking around in the cupboards, I couldn't help but think about our morning together. The warmth of his body pressed against mine as we slept together without a worry in the world. My head on his chest, his heart pressed against my ear. The normalcy that felt like home and love was a distant memory as I reminded myself of the girl who interrupted us. I looked around to see the table set with empty plates and beer bottles. She could be upstairs right now.

"How was," I stumbled to find the right words, "your thing?" Smooth.

He pulled out a first aid kit and walked over to me, "It was a shit show but what's new?" Lip moved closely in between my legs to get a better look at my war wound and I felt my stomach flutter. The movement wasn't sexual, it wasn't meant to be, but I couldn't shake my thoughts.

I smiled lightly as I watched him pull out cotton balls and tiny rubbing alcohol pads from the kit. With delicate fingers, he tipped my chin to look at him, the light shining dimly from his ocean eyes.

"This might sting a little," He said lightly as he paid close attention to the gash on my face.

His warm fingers were placed lightly on my chin while his other hand dabbed the alcohol pad on my forehead. I hissed at the contact as the burn flushed my forehead followed by a strong sting.

He pulled his lip between his teeth as his blue eyes were fixated on my forehead. My glossy eyes took this as an opportunity to take in his features. The sleep was barley wiped from his lightly bloodshot eyes and his skin looked lightly flushed, probably from the beers earlier. My eyes fell to the small, prominent, triangle on his chest that was simple yet so beautiful. I smiled lightly at the thought of tasting the stale alcohol from his lips...but I knew that was my alcohol thinking.

"Your girlfriend here?" I choked out, taking myself by surprise.

The blue-eyed boy smirked as he pulled a band aid from the kit, "Amanda isn't my girlfriend."