Landon - New Job

POV - Landon

Warnings: None

Word Count: 1440

-Begin One Shot-

Am I really doing the right thing?

I looked in the mirror, staring at my reflection, taking in my dark brown hair, my equally brown eyes, the roundness of my youthful face, and the absolute dread it held.

I hate meeting new people.

My cousin knows this, all too well, that's why he offered me this job as an errand boy for him and his business partners company, which would force me to meet a bunch of people whether I wanted to or not.

Great.

I let out a sigh, turning to look at the small clock on my beside table, noting that I had to leave in the next 10 minutes or I was going to miss my bus.

Deciding that there was no point in avoiding the inevitable, I took one last look in the mirror, appreciating the professional looking clothes my cousin had helped me buy and then moved to head to the dresser where my phone and my keys sat, grabbing them sliding them into my pocket before turning to exit my room.

I made my way out and through my small apartment, courtesy of my cousin again, not for free though. No, the agreement was he would help me for the first three months, provided I, 1. Came to work for him, 2. I didn't complain about it.

I sighed again.

What have I gotten myself into?

I shook the thoughts from my head and moved forward, heading out the front door, being sure to lock it behind me.

-Time Skip-

I made it to the front of the office with time to spare, thankfully. I didn't need Preston on my ass already. It's only first day.

I quickly walked into the building, heading straight for the elevator so I could head up to Preston's office where I am sure he is waiting for me eagerly.

His mind probably filled with different ways to torture me on my first day.

As I walked through the lobby, I noticed the hustle and bustle was more active than the other times I had been here, making me question what was going on.

"Landon!" called out a voice making me stop and look around for where the sound of the familiar voice came from.

"Hey! Over here!" called the voice again. This time I turned towards it spotting a figure, who was about my height, wearing a very nice business suit, a crowd of people around him.

I waved at him before making my way over to the important businessman watching as he turned to tell the crowd around him something before they all ran off, heading in different directions.

"Hey, Landon! You made it buddy!" he cried out excitedly.

"Hey, Mr. Latsky," I said, getting closer to him.

"Oh god no dude, seriously? Do not call me that bro. I don't give a shit if we are in front of clients, you call me Rob. I don't give a fudge what Preston says."

I let out a small laugh as I stood in front of him, noting the seriousness in his face as he looked at me with his Gingerbread colored eyes.

"Okay, Rob. So what's going on? Everyone seems to be in a bit of a panic today."

"That's because fudging Vik and Lachlan decided to drop in and do a surprise visit today." he said, exasperated.

"So? I thought Preston said they drop in all the time and it's no big deal?" I asked, confused.