MiniZerk and Other Ships - The Nightmare (Part 2)

POV: Josh Still

Warnings: None, just some comfort

-Begin One Shot-

"SIMON!" I screamed.

I sat up, his name on my tongue. I felt myself shaking, drenched in sweat, fear pulsing threw my veins. I didn't register anything in that moment. All I could think about was the images from the nightmare. Simon's death being the most prominent.

I didn't realize the person I was sharing my bed with was calling my name or the fact that he was even awake until I felt something touch my shoulder.

I quickly turned around and almost jumped out of the bed, thankfully Simon reached out and caught my hand, preventing me from falling off the bed.

"Josh!" he called out, worry etched on his face. I stared at him for a moment, processing everything. Then I remembered where I was. I was in Simon's bed, well hanging off of it slightly, with Simon. We were sharing a bed because we had extra housemates for a week. Simon wasn't dead.

That one thought stopped everything cold. I stared at Simon's worried face, seeing the life flow through it, the brightness of his blue eyes shining in the light from his lamp. He must have turned it on when I woke him up. I just stared at Simon for few more minutes.

"Josh?" questioned Simon.

I moved before I even registered what I was doing. I launched myself at Simon, catching him off guard. I tackled him to the bed and held him tight in my arms as I began to cry. I could feel my tears soak his, shirt as I buried my head in his shoulder, but I couldn't care less.

I felt Simon pause for a moment he returns my embrace and held me tight as well, one of his hands drawing soothing circles on my back.

"Simon!" I cried out into his shoulder as squeezed him even tighter. I was surprised that I wasn't squeezing the life out of him.

"Josh," he replied, his breath soft against my ear. "I'm right here. It's ok."

"It's not ok! I saw you die!" I cried out. "I watched him kill you Simon. I didn't do anything. I just watched you die." Pain filled my body as I held him. I thought I had really lost him. My Simon. My best friend. My secret love.

I felt his hands stop their comforting movements for just a moment before he moved to embrace me tighter.

"I'm right here Josh." He said softly in my ear. He paused to kiss the side of my head before he continued to talk. "I'm right here. It's all ok. I'm not dead. You just had a nightmare."

I felt my body begin to violently shake. I spoke again. "He cut your throat open Simon. Right in front of me. I just watched. I watched as the life drained from your body. Simon, I saw you die!" I felt hysterical as I cried into his shoulder.

"Josh." Called Simon softly into my ear. I then felt him move his arms from around me so could cup face and pull it from his shoulder. I struggled against his grip, not wanting to move, but Simon was persistent and eventually pulled my face up from his shoulder. He moved my face so it was looking over his, causing me to stare deep into his eyes. I noticed the few tears that fell from his eyes. I felt my eyes open wide in shock.

"Josh." He said again. His voice soft and his breath hot as it brushed over my lips, causing a shiver. "You had a nightmare Josh. It's ok. I am right here. I am not dead. It is alright, Josh, I am right here."

I stared deep into his eyes, seeing the truth in his words. I immediately felt relief run through me. He was ok.

I took a moment to rest my head against his, taking calming breaths. I could feel the warmth of his body against mine, the pounding of his heart against his chest, and the breath that came from his body. Simon was right. It was just a nightmare. He was alright. He wasn't dead. I didn't actually see him die.

"Simon." I said my voice raspy as I looked into his eyes, my forehead still against his.

"Josh." He called back, his hands still cupping my face, occasionally wiping away tears.

We stared at each other for a moment before I did something I never would have in my right state of mind. I leaned down and lightly pecked his lips. It was a short kiss but I could still feel the soft skin of his lips and the warmth that they gave off. I slowly pulled back. I could feel his intake of breath and I could see his wide eyes, but I paid no mind. I instead moved back to my position of resting my forehead against his and closed my eyes, just breathing him in.

After a few moments, instead of pushing me off of him, like I thought he would do, Simon instead moved his hands from my cheeks and wrapped them around my shoulders. He held me there against him and just breathed with me.

After a few minutes of silence, Simon asked,

"Do you want to talk about it? The dream I mean."

I shook my head as it rest against his. "No." I spoke. My voice raspy. "I just want to go back to sleep for now." Exhaustion was hitting me like a ton of bricks.

"Ok." Said Simon. "We will talk in the morning then."

I nodded again, beginning to feel sleep take over me.

"Hey Josh."

"Yeah?" I asked sleepily.

"Um, I don't mind you holding me, but could you move off me? You are sort of heavy."

I felt my eyes shoot open and embarrassment flood my cheeks. I immediately sat up, removing my arms from him and causing his to fall from me and I began to apologize.

"I am sorry Simon. I" didn't even get to finish my sentence before Simon sat up and silenced me with his lips.

The kiss was short and did its intended purpose. He pulled back just a breath away and I stared at him in aw.

"It's ok Josh. Let's just go to bed, yeah?" I nodded as I felt shock run through my body followed by more exhaustion.

Seeing my tiredness, Simon pushed me so I was laying on my side. He leaned over to turn off the lamp then turned back to me, staring down, waiting for something. I opened my arms, inviting him in. Simon gladly laid down and moved into my arms so his face was buried into my chest and one of his arms thrown over me. I felt him also tangle his legs with mine, causing maximum contact. I sighed and just excepted the closeness, wrapping my arms around him, opting to deal with it when I woke up.

"Good night Josh." Mumbled Simon.

"Night Simon." I replied, moving to kiss the top of his head. Simon moved to look up at me. I bent down my head and gave him another light kiss on the lips. One that lasted longer than the others. Simon kissed me back gently before pulling back and smiling at me. I smiled back at him, feeling love coming through his gaze.

Wait, love? Shit. I'll deal with it in the morning.

Simon went back to burying his head in my chest and I rested my head on his, closing my eyes. Fleetingly thinking about what had just happened then pushing it out of my mind.

I'll deal with this in the morning.

I then nuzzled against Simon, getting comfortable. Welcoming a dreamless sleep.

- End One Shot-