Day 117

November 16th, 2009

I wasn't feeling like going to school that day. Was I ever feeling like going to school ? I don't think so. But that time... I couldn't say that it was worst, but my reason was stronger. I didn't wanted to let Doniya alone. She was staying home that day and I was afraid that my Dad could came back. 

I went into her room before leaving. I knocked on the door, before getting in. She smiled sadly and it broke my heart.

- I'm going to school. My phone will be open, call me if you need anything.

- I'll be alright, Zayn.

I smiled and ran to catch my bus. I almost missed it, I surely had a bit of good luck, somewhere in the sky. But when I saw that every seat was taken, in this all-time empty bus, I thought that I couldn't be really lucky.

The first half of the day went pretty slowly, I was worried about Doniya. I checked my texts during the break between two classes, but I had nothing. I didn't knew if I should be worried even more or calm down a bit. I don't even have to tell you that I was freaking out. 

The scene was playing again in my head during the science class. At least, for once, I wasn't staring at Eli nor Derek. I could saw my Dad, the look he gave me... He would have hurt her, if I didn't came into the kitchen. It was clear in his eyes that he would have. I almost wanted to throw back everything I had ate for breakfast. It was horrible, knowing my Dad capable of that thing. 

I came back home for lunch time. And I literally freaked out when I saw Doniya sitting on the corner of the kitchen, her arms wrapped around her knees. I ran up to her, holding her pretty tight. I knew that something bad would happened. She was crying on my shoulder, trying to catch her breath.

- What happened ? Did he came back ? I asked, kissing the top of her head. 

- Nothing, I... I just... I freaked out... 

She was shaking and I couldn't helped but holding her closer to me. 

- It's okay Liya... I whispered and her fingers grabbed my jacket. He won't get near you again... 

- But... But, if...

- Never.

She couldn't stopped crying and I felt so damn powerless. I was just holding her and waiting for the pain to stop.

- I won't go back to school.

- Yes, Zayn... You will...

- I'm not.

She didn't had the strength to fight, because she just nodded. I helped her to get up and to join the couch. I then get back into the kitchen to do some soup and brought it to her. We then sat side to side, my arm around her shoulders, watching some bad TV shows she seemed to like. And I couldn't helped but be worried for her. Worried for everyone. 

----

Kind of bad, but... That will be it. Hope you still like those bad entries I'm doing since a while... :(