Day 25

August 16th, 2009

I didn't wanted to move that day. But I still did, because if I had spend the day sleeping in the couch, watching a bit of TV, I would have thought too much. And I would have been a total disaster. 

So I put some sport clothes on, grabbing my cellphone and I walked up to the retirement house. I wanted to come back running, which explained the way I was dressed. I didn't even stop by the desk in the hall this time, I just went into the staircase and climbed up to the second floor. I stopped in front of Mister O'Neill's room, waiting for him to answer me. He did after a bit, saying that he had been with Jenna. I only smiled and then get inside. He wanted to play cards again, so did we. It was nice, even if I was always loosing. Mister O'Neill is nice when he won. He told me why I loose and ways to make my technique better. And, the last game we did, I won. And he looked just like an old grand-dad, proud of his grand-son. It made me smile, thinking that someone was proud of my by that time when I was feeling like less than nothing. 

When I was about to leave, he stopped me. I was already in the hallway so I turned around and looked at him. 

- I wonder how your room looks like.

- Why ? I asked, curious.

- The room is the mirror of the spirits, that's what Jenna was always saying.

- So, you must be an angel, the walls are all white !

He laughed, making some small wrinkles in the corner of his eyes. 

- At my house, it was all blue, with many painting.

- Calm and original ? I said, wondering if I had see correctly.

- Kind of.

He smiled and so I did. Mister O'Neill was a great man to spend time with. 

- I'll bring you a picture, next time.

- Not on your thing you call phone, for lord ! I can't see a thing on those small screen !

- Paper picture, that's noted ! 

- Go, you're a young boy, you surely have things to do ! 

I laughed and told him goodbye before getting back in the street. Plugging my headphones in my ears, ready to run for a bit. 

When I get back home, only Doniya was there. She was in front of the oven, trying to cook something. I couldn't say what by looking at the stove, but the eggs were out. So she was probably trying to do that. I asked here where was everyone and she told me they were at the small restaurant that had just opened downtown. 

- So it's only me and you ? I asked, doing a little smile.

- Me and you.

We ate in silence, we needed nothing else. I asked her about a white bed sheet and she just looked at me weird. 

- You need that for what ?

- I'll show you. It's going to be great. 

We then washed the dishes and watched a movie. Only the two of us. It was great. Pretty great.

-----

I don't like it but... Yeah. I needed something for today !