Day 106

November 5th, 2009

I was getting a bit better. Not a lot, but still... It felt good. After school, I went to see Mister O'Neill. I hadn't saw him in a couple of weeks, because of my mood that was more than shitty. The lady behind the office smiled at me as I walked in, telling that the old man had missed me a lot. I smiled back and, without saying a thing, I came upstairs and knocked on his door. Mister O'Neill anserwed and he really seemed happy that I was there. We came into his small kitchen and he handed me some playing cards. I mixed them up and he told me to give seven to each of us. It was always nice when he was trying to learn me some cards game, even tough I was always forgetting them as soon as I was walking out the door. The old man talked and talked, without stopping. I was smiling a bit and nodding. I had nothing to say, because he was doing all of the conversation himself. But it was nice. Pretty nice. 

- Oh, and there's that other time, when I was about fifteen... Hey, don't look at me like that, I once was fifteen for real ! He said and started to laugh. Well, I was leaving not so far away from a lake and I was hanging out there with some friends and we found a grass-snake... The little brother of Dani wanted to keep it, he even called it "Grass-Snake". Seriously, that kid... He was killing me everyday ! He was kind of weird but nice, that's why he was hanging out with us sometimes... I think I still have some pictures of my boys...

He stood up and walked up to the nightstand. He looked into the drawer until he found out what he was looking for. He went next to me and handed me an old Polaroid picture. There was seven boys and they were all looking pretty happy. I could spotted Mister O'Neill in the lot, he was the one showing his butt. He was already something, as I could saw...

- This is Dani, his young bro was taking the picture so you can't see him but they were looking the same... Same curly hair, same green eyes, same smile... After, there's Ed, Marcus, Ed number two because they were two with the same name, Branden and Stephan. Those were the cool days kid...

I looked at him to see that he was staring at the photograph. He seemed to be so far away from reality at the moment... Like he was living again those years. 

- When's the last that you saw them ? I asked and he looked up at me.

- They all died in the last few years. Even the young Mike. I'm the only one left. 

I stared at the floor, a bit embarrassed. 

- It's just normal that someone is the last one to leave, Zan.

I nodded but didn't said a thing. He looked sad when I asked him that. I felt bad. 

----

So, I missed Mister O'Neill so much and I looooooove to write about how was his life x) Hope you liked that as well !

*This is yesterday's entry, I was kind of unexpetedly busy... I'm going to post an other right now !