Day 22

August 13th, 2009

I wanted to go at the retirement house today, so I did. But, when I get to the office, the lady who was there (it was the same as every time) said that Mister O'Niell had been taken out by his great-daughter. I nodded and walked back outside. I had an other day all by myself. I hated that. I still do. Who wants to walk all alone in the streets like you've been so many times before with the one you love ? No one. Not me. But I did it. Until I realized I had my cellphone and not a so bad pair of shoes. Running would be a lot less painful then just walking. So I put my headphones on and just... Run. For a long time. A very long time.

And I tought about many things. OK, not many. One. Elizabeth. I ran with her, once. She made me addicted to running. She was in front of me, her feet hitting the ground at regular intervals. Her hair was in a ponytail, passing through her back like an old clock. She was looking at me over her shoulder about once in a minute. Always smiling. Back in time, I wasn't a good runner. I sucked. But I didn't mind. I followed her until the end of her training. And I felt... So tired but, at the same time, so full of energy. That's why I became addicted to running. The feeling I had at the end of a run. 

I got back home late that day. Everyone had finished to eat and were in their room. I let my headphones laying around my neck as I got in the kitchen, to make a lunch. I closed the fridge's door and I went face to face with Waliyha.

- Zayn Malik.

I looked up to the sky and blew. Two words and she was already getting on my nerves.

- You're late.

- And you're not my mom, I replied while putting everything on the counter to make a sandwich. 

- I hope so ! I would like to have a kid like you !

- And I wouldn't like to have a mom like you.

- I'd be a good mother.

- Yeah, for suuuuuure ! 

I looked at her and saw her fists against her waist.

- Remember that hamster you had ? You forgot about him and you made him eat ? Me ! And what when I decided that I was tired of taking care of your stuff ? He diiiied !

She gave me a dark look and went in her room, slamming the door. I know I had been a bit out of context with that hamster thing, but she always acted with me like I'm less than nothing. I only wanted to defend myself. I couldn't know that, those simple words, would make the situation even more hard between us. It has been a true war after that. More than I could ever though. 

-----

I was out with a friend today, so that's why it's updated soooo late ! Sorry, sorry ! Hope you liked it anyway !