Day 188

Januray 26th, 2010

I was walking up to Dr. Jefferson's office when I saw Liam, talking to that girl, Alyna. I couldn't hear what they were saying, she only seemed sad, all in once. Not the dark sadness, just the normal sad. The one  you get over quickly. Liam saw me and smiled. I found myself smiling back. 

I entered the office of my psychologist, without knocking. I don't know why, but I was finding myself funny. Like I was really getting better and lacing back with my old habits. I was always doing that when I was going to Mark's house. Dr. Jefferson's smiled and I took place on the couch. I was feeling more and more confident with each passing day. I wasn't totally better, but I was in my way. I was able to feel it, almost to touch it with my fingertips. I just needed to work a little...

- So, Zayn... I heard some good news about you yesterday...

- Yeah, eum... I went to that therapy group, I didn't know if I had to tell you or something but... I was feeling like going. I just... euh, well... Yeah.

He laughed, before smiling kindly at me. He stood up, only to sit back down a few seconds later, next to me. He put his hand on my knee and I felt like going back to Mister O'Neill's place. I was wondering if he was alright. And I thought about going to see him to apologize when I'd be out of there. 

- I'm glad you did. And I'm glad that you opened up to those people. It's a pretty good start, Zayn. It's starting to get better. 

I smiled to him, before looking down to the table. For the first time, I realized that there was cookies on it, a plate full of cookies. I probably never had seen it before, because I wasn't hungry, I didn't wanted to eat. I still didn't, since I had saw them.

- Can I grab one ? I asked him.

- They are all yours ! It's Liam who made them. Have you seen him again ?

I nodded, while putting half of a cookie in my mouth. They were pretty good. Chocolate chips cookies, just like my Mom used to do... Thinking about that made me sad for a minute, before I started to think about the good in that. I'd be home soon and I could be making some with Waliyha. That was what I was thinking to help from drowning back into darkness. 

- I should go see him after leaving. Those are incredible !

I made Dr. Jefferson laughed, while I grabbed an other cookie. For the first time in months, I was feeling like eating. So I ate. Probably something like ten cookies before my psychologist stopped me, telling me that I would still have to eat later, "something absolutely boring but necessary, vegetables". That was how he said it. 

After I left my session, I walked right through the living room, looking for Liam. I had been a jerk to him and... I don't know, I was feeling like apologizing. But I didn't found him anywhere, he had probably left. So I got back to my room and, almost instantly, felt asleep. 

----

Just... Wow, I saw that I had reach 7K read on the story, this is awesome ! ;o

Second... I don't know, just hello. And goodbye.