Chapter Twenty-Eight

Start from the beginning

As I walked down the hall, a wall of jocks walked towards me. It was Justin and his friends heading to the library. They pushed me around as I walked through them. I gave no emotion and just pretended as if it didn't happen. I looked around before opening one of the side doors closest to the parking lot to make sure no one is watching me. When I realized the coast was clear I exited the school and made my way towards my car.

There was no one outside when I got there. Everyone is either in class or have free time. It's early in the morning and kind of nippy so that was exactly what I was expecting and hoping for.

I popped open my trunk and grabbed the bag I kept my clothes in. My combat boots sat beside the bag. I grabbed both of them and got into my car to change. I never thought changing in a car would be so uncomfortable. I had to rub my shoulders while I changed a few times because when I carried the bag it pulled a muscle and the cramped space didn't help.

Once I was done, I threw the bag in the trunk and started gearing up. I pulled on some suspenders and flung a gun strap around my shoulder. I grabbed some knives and put them in my boots. It took a while to put bullets and pipe bombs into my army pants pockets. Once that was done, all I have to do was put on my trench coat to hide everything.

By the time I was finished, Matt was heading over. "You set it deep under the table?" I asked him and handed him a bag of clothes and a pair of combat boots.

"Everything's all set," He answered. "You ready to do this?"

"Readier than I've ever been."

Matt stepped into the car and started changing. For some reason, he got dressed faster than I did. He's taller than me by a good amount so I honestly expected him to take longer. It's like he's had practice at getting dressed in a car.

I helped him gear up when he was all dressed. He also took less time than I did gearing up. But, that's most likely because I was helping him out.

"Now, we just wait for the bombs to go off," I said and leaned against the car.

"This is so exciting," Matt said and leaned against the car with me.

"Yeah." I brought my wrist up and looked at the time. "The bombs are set to go off any minute now."

"Boom!" Matt shouted and made an explosion noise.

I crossed my arms. "It's going to make a big boom."

We stood there and waited. And waited. And waited. I checked my watch. It was pass the time the bombs should've gone off. "What the hell?"

"Maybe they partially detonated and there's a small fire in there."

I leaned up and stood in front of Matt. "Looks like we have to do all of this on foot." I turned and started walking towards the school with Matt following close behind. We had our guns at the ready. There are definitely no targets outside the school.

We pulled our guns up at an aiming position when we got to the side glass doors. I counted down from three and on cue, we both aimed and fired. Several bullets were smashing the glass. Glass was scattered everywhere.

"What was that?!" We heard a student yell from a nearby classroom.

We ducked through the glass and made our way into the school. I grabbed one of my pipe bombs and threw it down the hallway. It exploded and damaged a few lockers but it didn't look like it hurt anybody.

"We believe there's someone shooting inside the school!" A teachers' voice yelled from a classroom. He was obviously on the phone with the main office or something. Within minutes, the fire alarms were going off. This made the whole ordeal more real.