Chapter Two

I could see from my middle room lunch table the jocks pushing around a freshman. They think they are better than the rest of us. The kid they were picking on was defenseless. He was like five-two and had to of weighed twenty pounds less that me. The kid was scrawny. No fair game with the jocks. He reminded me of myself when I was a freshman. 

"We live in a world where the weak are picked on and the strong are praised upon," I said looking up at Matt and Josh who were sitting across from me. I shook my head in disbelief and looked at my food. My mom has been packing my lunch everyday for as long as I could remember. I was getting so sick of the packed lunches my mom gave me. They have been the same thing for the past decade. "What if we lived in a world where the strong are weak and the weak are strong?" I looked back up at them for an answer.

Matt nodded. "That'd actually be pretty cool. For once we could feed off the strong and not the weak."

"You guys want to come over to my place after school? I want to show you something," I said before taking a bite of the celery mom packed me.

"What do you want to show us?" Josh asked.

I grinned. "You'll see."

"Hey, what are we talking about?" We looked up to see Kyle walking over and sitting beside Josh at our table.

"We're planning on going to Colin's after school today. Want to join?" Matt said for us all.

Kyle nodded and took a bite of his sandwich. "Sure. What's the plan?"

I kept grinning. "I want to show you something."

Kyle gulped his sandwich and looked over at Matt. "Is he going to pull a gun out on us?"

I chuckled and took a sip of my milk. "Not today." I looked at the jocks a few tables away from us as they tripped a kid in glasses as he walked passed them.

"Hope those glasses broke your fall!" Justin yelled out at the boy. I cringed as the boy stood up and ran to a table at the other end of the cafeteria. Justin laughed and turned his head in my direction. "What are you looking at, freak?"

I clenched my jaw and looked down at the table. "I hate this school."

Matt sighed and leaned over the table. "You say that every day, Colin. Only a couple more months and we're out of this joint."

I held up a finger. "I forgot to ask. Did you roll up some joints this morning?"

He sighed and pulled a small baggie full of joints out of his jackets' pocket. "Right here." He passed the baggie over to me and I pulled out a joint.

I nodded in approval. "Let's go," I said and tossed the bag at him.

"Now?" Matt said.

I nodded and stood up. "Yeah. I've had a bad day. I need this. Come on." I didn't even take a step away from the table when I was suddenly rammed into, causing me to fall against the table.

"Watch where you're going, freak." I turned my eyes up to see Justin laughing next to me along with his friends.

I breathed heavily in anger. "I'll kill you." I got up and took a step closer but before I could do anything Matt pulled me away. Justin pretended to be scared while laughing. I wanted to wipe that grin straight off his face. "I'll kill you," I repeated.

"Colin, calm down," Matt kept saying to me over and over again.

"I just wanted to smoke my joint," I whispered to Matt.

Justin laughed and snatched the joint out of my hands. That guy has robot hearing for Christ sake. "You talking about this joint. Wow. You have a pack of joints and you don't share. How selfish." He ripped the joint and tossed it on the ground before walking away. I made a gun gesture with my hand as he walked away but Matt moved my hand down.