Chapter Twenty-Eight

0 DAYS UNTIL MISSION ZERO

It was finally the day that Matt and I will make our attack on the school. Killing as many as we can. I woke up at five that morning so I could get everything ready. Matt and I would be arriving at school at separate times. The final plan is that I will enter the library at 7:25am, just as the library is opening to students, and Matt with arrive at the library at 7:40 and will sit on the opposite side of the shelf that I'll be sitting next to. At different times, we would pretend to be grabbing out our notebooks but really we'll be setting the bombs to go off at 9:30am. I will be leaving the library at 8:40am, pretending I'm going to the bathroom or something, and head out to my car to gear up. Matt will be due to leave the library at 8:53am and meet me at my car. We'll hide our bags deep under the tables and hope that no one notices. After we gear up, we'll make our way into the school once the bombs go off. We'd be wearing matching plain black t-shirts under our trench coats, combat books, and army pants with several pockets that we'll put bullets and pipe bombs in. Finally, things will be put right.

I waited until my parents' left for work. I watched them leave through the blinds of my window. I watched their car pull out of the driveway and onto the street. I waited until I knew they were at a great distance from the house before I carried the bags to the car. I dressed in my every day clothes and will be changing at the car after the bombs are set.

I had to make double trips to grab both bags and bring them to the car. I was cautious of any nearby neighbors. Lucky, they have all gone to work or are still in their homes.

Once the bags were all set in the trunk and the book bag with the bomb in it sitting in the backseat, I pulled out a cigarette and lit it before getting into the car and heading to the school.

While driving, I was extra careful, trying to avoid being noticed by the police. Luckily, most of them weren't out today.

When I got to school, I parked in the area nobody parks at because it's too far away from the school. I put out my cigarette and got out of the car, going to the back door and pulling out the book bag. The bomb was only about the size of a basketball but I knew for a fact it would make a huge explosion. I put the book bag over my shoulders. It was light enough to feel like the heaviness of a regular, every day book bag.

Not many students were at the school yet which was perfect. A lot of students don't show up until five minutes before the first bell rings. The parking lot was almost empty which meant no one would get suspicious of me.

I made my way towards the school. The library should be open by now. I observed the library in the previous months and know for a fact that Justin Turner arrives there with his friends at 8:45am. Five minutes after I will leave and head to the car.

Barely anyone was inside the school when I walked inside. Just early morningers who arrive early for breakfast or to talk to a teacher or even study. There were kids at their lockers but none of them took notice of me. The library doors were propped opened. Even though the librarian is setting herself up for the day, students are still allowed to go in a sit.

I walked over to the table next to the normal table Justin and his friends sit at every day. I sat down and looked at the librarian for a moment through the windows of the break room where she currently was. When I was sure her back would stay turned, I reached down to the book bag and started setting up the bomb. I ended the process by pulling out a notebook and pen and acted like I was studying. Everything is going as planned so far. 

I waited for Matt to show up. Matt walked in with the book bag he had from his car and sat at the other side of the library. I gave him a nod through an empty space in the book shelf which he returned. I tapped my watch to tell Matt that we are running out of time. He nodded again and reached into his bag, setting the timer for the bomb. When he was done, he looked up at me and gave me a thumb up. I returned it. I sat and pretended to do work for a whole hour. I pushed the bag deep under the table and stood up. I motioned to Matt that I was leaving and he needed to remember to leave soon too. He nodded right before I left the library.