Chapter Eleven

I could briefly hear Matt speaking with Kyle and Josh as we sat at our regular lunch table. I wasn't paying attention to what was being spoken as I was drawing a bomb placement plan in my notebook. I swear, if a teacher saw what I was drawing, they'd probably think of it as an act of teenage rebellion and not take it seriously. 

"Colin, what are you drawing?" Matt said suddenly.

I grinned and looked up at him. I didn't say anything as I slid the notebook over to him. "I'm making out a diagram of the library."

Matt picked up the notebook and eyed it. "A bomb placement diagram?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

He looked up at me from the notebook. "Why the library?"

I chuckled and took the notebook away from him. "The library is in the middle of the school. It will cause the most damage." I put my notebook out in front of me and started outlining the plan with my finger. "Two bombs will be placed in the center of the library. It will cause a lot of destruction there."

Kyle chuckled as he took a chip out of his chip bag and ate it. "That's crazy."

"Well, it's all planned out," I said and pointed a finger at the diagram. "The whole shooting is right here."

"And, how do you plan to get away with setting two bombs in the library?" Josh asked.

"Simple, I'll arrive early to school and place the bombs before the library rush starts coming in. I'll then run out, grab a few more things, and then I'll be back at the school before the bombs are due to go off." I looked over to see Justin laughing with his friends at their lunch table. His feet propped up as if he owned the place. "This will set things right."

"Guys, watch this!" Justin said to his friends with a laugh. He stuck his leg out as an underclassman was trying to walk pass. The underclassman fell over Justin's foot causing the food covered tray he was holding to fall to the ground and ruin his food. Justin and his friends laughed at that as the underclassman scrambled to pick up everything and run away.

I clenched my jaw and hit my hand on the table in anger. "If I had to kill one person it would be Turner."

"Yeah," Matt said with a nod.

"He doesn't deserve to be here," I said and took a bite of a celery stick that I was holding.

"Are you okay?" I turned my head to the side to see Mikayla sitting at her regular table with her friends not far from ours. She was talking to the student Justin just tripped. The student just shrugged. "Sit with us," She said and pointed at a seat beside her. The kid cautiously pulled out the chair and took a seat. "What's your name?"

"Seth," The kid shyly answered.

I chuckled and turned back to my friends. "She's seriously making friends with that shrimp?"

Matt sighed. "We all know you're only making fun of that kid because that kid is you."

"What?" I asked in confusion.

Matt sighed again, taking a bite of his apple before speaking. "That kid reminds you of yourself."

I nodded and looked down at the table. "How so?"

"He's small and weak. You tease the kids who remind you of yourself because your angry at yourself. Not them. I think you have a low self-esteem issue."

I looked up at him wide eyed. "How the hell do you know that?"

"There was a time last year where I wanted to be a psychologist. So, I did some studying."