Chapter Five

"Are you sure about this?" Matt asked while I was jumping over the fence. This night I was going to spray paint some words onto the schools side entrance. I wanted to show them what I was capable of. I encouraged Matt to join me on this prank. I didn't care that I was trespassing and destroying school property. This school has put me through hell for the past four years and it needs to pay before I attempt the massacre.

I landed on the pavement, on my feet, watching Matt struggle over the fence. I've always been better at carrying my own weight than Matt was. "I need to do this at least once. Now, hurry up before the night guards find us.

"Okay," He said and used all his might to get onto the other side of the fence and jumping, landing on his feet like I did. "How many times have you jumped over fences?"

"Enough to make me good at it," I said and made my way towards the back door. I pulled the spray paint out of the messenger bag I was carrying. Shaking it up before opening the lid.

"I feel kind of uncomfortable about this," Matt said and looked around to make sure the night guards didn't see us.

"You don't need to do it. I just need a look out." I grinned and started spraying the words Welcome to Hell onto the door. I then proceeded to spray paint a skull with its eyes crossed out. I spray painted multiple demeaning words onto the brick wall. Brick walls are the hardest to clean. And, if they don't catch us, then they will have to clean it themselves which is exactly what I wanted.

I could tell Matt was shaking in his skin. It was a pretty cold night and he forgot to wear a jacket. Just a t-shirt and jeans. I made sure to wear my hood and gloves with the fingers cut off. And, like always, I wore my baseball cap backwards on my head.

"Can you hurry up?" Matt asked. "I'm cold. I don't want us to get caught. And what if my parents go into my room and notice I'm not there."

I paused what I was doing and looked over at him. "Dude, chill. You should've put a lock on your door like I did."

"But, my parents are more strict than yours. They would ask questions and get concerned."

I chuckled and turned back, continuing to spray random words on the wall. "I don't care if my parents find out. I'll be dead in a few months anyway."

He crossed his arms and shivered. "Are you still planning on committing suicide?"

I nodded and faced him. "Yeah. Why would I want to be here?"

"We're going to be graduating in less than five months. It will all be over then."

I sighed. "And what if it's not? What if I apply to the same college as Justin? It will never end."

"I think you're over-exaggerating."

I shook my head. "There's many possibilities. I don't want to live another second with them."

"So, you're really going to kill yourself?"

I nodded. "Duh. Want to join in on my attack?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. Things could happen."

"Like what?"

"If I don't kill myself then I'll get arrested and if I decide to kill myself my family will be devastated."

I nodded. "Do you want to kill yourself?"

He shrugged again. "Maybe. I have mixed feelings about it. I've been called stupid and dumb by the jocks all year. I don't know what I want."

"Well, you joining me or not?"

"Possibly."

I grinned. "Great."

"Whose out there?!" We heard a grown mans voice echo through the air. It was a night guard.

"Oh, shit," I whispered, quickly putting away the spray paint and ran towards the fence. I paused when I saw a flashlight shine in the distance.

"Now what?" Matt asked, still shivering.

"Follow me." I ran over to the opposite fence that was near the basketball court. Jumping over it with no problem and waited for Matt. He must be having an adrenaline rush because he was over that fence in a moment. 

We ran as fast as we could towards my car in the parking lot. "This is insane." Matt tried to whisper.

"Shut up." I quickly unlocked the doors and let me say, we both have never hopped into a car so fast. 

"I think I'm having a panic attack."

"Shut up," I said and pulled out of the parking space. I have never driven so fast through a parking lot in my life. 

"I can't believe we did that." Matt breathed out.

"It was totally worth it."

"What if we get caught?"

I chuckled. "We are not going to get caught."

"How are you so calm during these situations?"

"I'm on strong anxiety medication. You know this."

He leaned deep into the back of his seat and took some breaths to help him calm down. "You scare me sometimes."

I chuckled again. "That's the plan." 

Through my rear view mirror, I could see the night guard running up to the fence that we jumped over. He was not looking in my direction so I'm guessing he didn't see the car. The adrenaline rush Matt and I were both feeling was definitely going to keep us up tonight.

KNOW THE SIGNS:

-Committing juvenile/multiple offenses, especially if at a young age (<10)

-Severe destruction of property

-Dishonesty, antisocial beliefs and hostility toward law enforcement

-Recruiting a friend to join an attack