Chapter Ten

I called up Matt early one Saturday morning. My parents work weekends so I get the whole place to myself and it's also easier to sneak weapons into my house when they're not home.

I dialed up Matt's number and waited a moment before he answered in a sleepy voice. Unlike him, and probably the rest of the human population, I don't sleep in on weekends. I wake up at the same time every morning. 

"Hello?" He mumbled on the line.

"Hey, Matt. We're going out for target practice."

He moaned, most likely mad that I woke him up. "Just the two of us?"

I nodded to myself. "Yeah. You need to get me. My dad has yet to replace the tires that Justin slashed. So, what do you say? Drive us to the woods for target practice?"

He moaned again. "I don't know. I can't go along with the shooting. I'm not like that."

I moaned back in response. "Please, I really need a ride."

He sighed and the line went quiet for a moment. "Fine. I'll be there in about an hour."

"Thanks! You're the man! See you in an hour." I was the first to hang up and put my phone into my back jeans pocket. I grinned as I walked over to my closet and pulled out a large duffel bag. This was how I managed to get weapons in and out of my house without the neighbors noticing. Due to my history of being on a sports team growing up, they probably think it's my sports gear.

I placed the duffel on the bed before walking over to my desk and grabbing the bullets. I walked back over to my bed and pulled out the Mossberg 500 Pump Shotgun from underneath the bed. I took it out of its case and sat with it on the bed. I placed it on my lap as I loaded the bullets. I set up the bullets with a pump and placed the gun in the duffel. I proceeded to do the same with a couple other guns. I was going to work with only two guns today. I am also going to be testing out a few pipe bombs by tossing them into the field surrounding the woods. That area is basically abandoned so we don't have to worry about getting caught.

I just finished putting extra bullets into the side pocket of my duffel when I heard a car horn outside. I looked out my window to see Matt parked in front of the driveway. He seemed slouched in his seat. I opened my window and waved to get his attention. I didn't speak until he looked at me. "I'll be right down!" I called out to him before shutting my window. I put on a leather jacket. It seemed a bit too cold to go out in a flannel and my sweat jackets don't help with the cold either. I didn't bother zipping up my jacket when I grabbed the duffel and ran out my bedroom door. I made sure my bedroom door was locked real fast before running down the hall and down the stairs. Matt honked his horn again right as I was stepping out the door and shutting it behind me. I waved a hand at him. "I'm coming!"

"Well, hurry up," He called out the opened car window. "I want to go home and sleep. It's Saturday."

I nodded. "Just let me get some rounds in and then you can go home and sleep." I motioned my head to the back of the car. "Care to pop open the trunk?"

He sighed and didn't say anything as he pressed a button on his car remote, making the trunk fly open. I made no sound as I placed the bag into the trunk. I shut the trunk and made my way inside the car. Sighing with relief as I sat down. The neighbors seeing me with a duffel always scared me.

"I can't believe you're actually going to be doing this," Matt said as he pulled the gear into drive and pulled away from the curb. 

I chuckled and sat back into the chair, pulling my pack of cigarettes and a lighter out of my pocket. I took out a cigarette and placed it between my lips. "Want one?" I asked, holding the cigarette pack out to him.