Chapter Six

I couldn't focus on putting my things in my locker. I had too much thoughts going on. Thoughts about getting caught vandalizing the school, which I could care less about. Thoughts about how someone actually cared. Just thoughts in general.

I was just about to grab my physics book out of my book bag when a sudden hand knocked me to the ground. I looked up to see that four guys have come down to my level and were holding me down by my limbs. Painfully tight. One of them was obviously Justin.

"Good morning, freak," Justin said. The boys then lifted me up about two feet, spinning me around before letting go and having me slide into a row of lockers. That was definitely going to leave a bruise somewhere on my body. I still have the bruise they gave me on the first day of the semester. How are there never any teachers to see this going on in the hallway? I bet they all go to their classrooms at seven in the morning and just sit there until the class starts filing in. Within the four years I've been in high school, I don't think I have ever seen one teacher in the hallways between classes.

I stood up and looked at the arm that had an impact with the lockers and I noticed a giant red mark which was definitely going to form a bruise within the next couple hours. This is exactly why Justin is the first one on my hit list.

I looked at the students in the hallway, laughing. I felt my jaw clench in anger, my muscles tensing. I tried to hold it back but I couldn't. "Shut up!"

Justin and his friends pretended to be scared while laughing. "Oh my god. I'm so scared," Justin joked.

I gave him a hard stare. The laughter of the students echoing in my ears. "I'll kill you, Turner."

"I'm so scared," Justin mocked.

I left and walked down the hallway. I noticed Mikayla standing at her locker with her friends. While her friends were laughing, she just stood there, looking pretty upset. I was surprised she didn't say anything to me this time. I just ignored her and headed to the bathroom to get this bruise that was forming a better look and to calm down a bit.

I slammed the door open. The sound of it hitting the wall echoing around the bathroom. Luckily, no one was in the bathroom when I got there. The bathroom was yet to be used that day. The sinks were dry. The toilet seats were still up from the janitors. And, the lights were off. The only light source coming from the windows.

I walked to the last sink in the row and just looked at myself in the mirror. My reflection scaring me a bit. It was the reflection of a homicidal teenager. I barely recognized myself. I sighed and leaned back a bit. My skin hurt as I rolled my sleeve up to my shoulder. And, there it was. A giant, painful red mark that was definitely going to turn into a bad bruise. It didn't look this bad when I eyed it in the hallway. It must be getting worst. I pulled my sleeve back down, not wanting to see the reminder of what just happened. I sighed at my reflection before turning the water on and rubbing it on my face to cool me down and clean my skin a bit from the anger I had built up inside me.

"I think he went in here." I heard Justin's voice echo from behind the door. I quickly turned off the water and ran into a stall. Closing the door, I stood on top of the toilet so they couldn't see my shoes. I held my breath when I heard the bathroom door open and could see their matching Nike's walking through the bathroom. "Punk, you in here?" I jumped a little when I heard the stall door beside mine slam open. "I know you're in here!"

"Come on, Justin. We're going to be late for class," One of his friends said. "We'll push him in lunch."

"Ugh!" I jumped again when Justin banged my stall door with his fist in anger. I didn't hear them say another word when the door slammed shut. I waited a minute or two to make sure they were really gone. I jumped off the toilet and opened the stall door. I didn't open it all the way so I can peek out to make sure the coast was clear before making my way out. The bathroom was dim lighted now. The sound of students in the hallway were inaudible. I waited an extra minute before leaving the restroom. I was so going to be late for class.