Chapter Three

I pulled into the driveway right before Kyle did. My mom and dad were luckily not home yet. So, that makes this a whole lot easier. I pulled out another joint that Matt gave me, placing it between my lips as I leaned up against my old, beat up car. I used the car lighter to light my joint. That goes to show how old my car is. I was definitely happy my parents aren't home. They hate it when I smoke. If I smoked in front of them they would snatch the joint out of my mouth and dispose of it. They keep thinking I'm going to quit and blame my friends for bringing me into this. But, really I did this to myself. I decided to do this. Not my friends. I think my parents just hated my friends.

I took a puff of my joint and moved away from my car when I saw Matt's car pulling up behind mine. His car just as jacked up as mine. He had to give Josh a ride since Josh doesn't have a license yet and Kyle's car was pulled up on the street. Pulling up so close to the curb that it left behind skid marks. He's never been very good at pulling up to the curb. The only time he mastered it was during his drivers test.

"So, what do you want to show us?" Matt asked as he stepped out of his car before slamming the door behind him. He slams the door every time he gets out of the car. His car is so beat up that the whole car shakes when he slams the door. One time he got so mad at a student who called him gay that he slammed his door so hard that it fell off.

Once everyone was out of their cars I answered his question. "Follow me," I said and we walked towards the house. I pulled out my house key and unlocked the door for everyone. Allowing them to enter before I did. "It's in my room," I said while shutting the door behind us. "Come on." We ran up the stairs. Me in the lead. My mom hates it when we run in the house. But, every time she isn't home we break every rule in the house. Including, having a dodge ball match in the living room and playing catch with a baseball anywhere in the house. Anywhere where there isn't a lot of breakables, like the basement mostly.

I have the most private room in the house. It's the very last room at the end of our hallway and it's the only room with a lock on it. I bought the lock and put it on my door so that when I'm not home my parents wouldn't go in. And they never said anything about it. Not exactly parents of the year.

I had to pull out a key to my door and unlock it first before I could enter. My room wasn't that big. It was almost small walk-in closet size. It was the size of a small study. My bed taking up a good portion of my room and also my desk took up a good part of my room too. I didn't mind. I don't have much belongings anyway other than some CDs, movies, and a few books. The books mostly on weaponry. 

"It's under my bed," I said and walked over to the bed. I bent down and had to dig over a bunch of stuff under there before I found the right box, pulling it out and placing it on my bed. It was a metal box, maybe about the same size as a trumpet case. I had a lock on it too. Only instead of a key it had a pass code. I'm pretty sure my friends thought I was starting to get interested in musical instruments and that I was announcing I was going to be joining the band at school. They couldn't be further from wrong.

I punched in the code and opened the case. Smiling at the sight. The room stayed quiet as I pulled out my new Mossberg 500 Pump Shotgun. Holding it like I was about to set up the bullets.

I watched as they took a step back. Almost terrified that the object I wanted to show them was a gun.

"I told you he was going to pull a gun out at us," Kyle said.

I laughed. "Shut up." I placed the gun on my bed and walked over to my desk. "That's not all," I said and opened the drawer of my desk. The drawer was pretty big. Big enough to fit maybe fifteen or twenty baseballs. They walked over and peered inside. Their eyes going wide when they saw the stack of pipe bombs. I've watched several videos on how to build pipe bombs throughout the year. Enough for me to know how to do this on my own in less than twenty minutes. "There's more." I went and pulled out my dad's old rifle from behind my desk. He got an upgraded one about a year and a half ago so he gave me his old one since we go hunting together sometimes. Mostly just a few times during hunting season. I put it back once they got a good view of it and opened up some boxes on my desk that had hundreds of bullets in them. My mom doesn't think anything of those boxes and if she did she would think I just keep them for the rifle so I have the bullets to hunt with.