You Meet (Part 2)

"Hey! Behind you!" I yell quickly.

The turtle turns just in time to duck under the blade, causing the creepy man to stumble into the other. It soon turns into a two-on-one fight. I hastily grab the rusty metal pipe again and hear the turtle hiss in pain as the knife cuts his arm. He glares and strikes the pressure point on the man's neck. His body goes rigid before he falls unconscious to the ground.

I take that opportunity to hit the other man over the head with the pipe as hard as I can. He crumples to the ground. The turtle looks from him to me with a nod, seeming impressed. "Nice."

I smile a bit, exhaling deeply and having no idea what just happened.

• • •

"Are you okay, Miss?"

"Yeah..." I look around at the four unconscious bodies. "Thanks to you anyway..."

"Don't mention it."

Sighing deeply, I release the pipe from my hold, letting it drop with a clang.

The mysterious hero's eyes stay on me, and I suddenly become nervous– paranoid. "What?"

"I'm impressed. You're not running, or screaming. Yet."

"Oh. Should I be...? You haven't actually hurt me... yet."

A smile tugs at the edge of his lips. "Don't worry. I didn't take care of these four just to hurt you."

"Well, in that case," I shrug, still trying to catch my breath. "I mean... you just saved me from four child predators so I don't think that reaction is really necessary."

This makes him actually smile at me. "Maybe you don't mind me asking then, why you're out all alone this late anyway?"

"Oh, well, f/a at school has been running pretty late for a while. And cab rides turn out to be more expensive and awkward than I'd hoped, so I'm pretty much stuck walking home every night without..." I explain but trail off when I see his arm heavily starting to bleed.

"What's wrong?"

"Um... you're just bleeding pretty badly there."

He glances down at his wound and sighs, but shakes his head. "Don't worry about that, I'll take care of it at home."

I take off the jacket I'm wearing and offer it to him. For the wound of course. I'm no medical expert but I've seen enough movies to know this is what you're supposed to do as a temporary alternative, to avoid excessive blood loss I'm guessing. And that sucker was oozing a lot of his insides after just a few seconds.

"I appreciate it, Miss, really. But I don't wanna get blood all over your jacket. I can take care of it myself."

"It's really not a big deal. You're bleeding a lot. And it's an awful jacket anyway. Does nothing to keep me warm."

With a smile, he takes it from me and presses it against his arm with a wince, but I take it from him and start to tie it around his left limb myself.

The guy smiles once again and looks down at me. "Are you close to home? I can escort you the rest of the way if you want. Right after I call the police on these guys, that is. Again." He asks me before nodding his head to the knocked out bodies.

"Sure, my apartment's at the end of the block."

He nods and picks up my bag after not so gracefully nudging a body off of it. I smile more at his chivalry and show him the way to my apartment.

• • •

"So... do you always just, jump over rooftops like that?" I asked when an uncomfortable silence returned after Turtle Guy got off the phone with the cops to go pick up those unconscious perverts he left tied up in the dark alley.