Chapter 3 NY Institute

Jace stared down at her with a grin that made her want to slap him. Isabelle and Alec ran over to find Clary. She shrunk back into the tree staring into Jaces eyes. They were as golden as the sun, deep and unsettling. She fidgeted uncomfortably as they stared at her. Isabelle wide mouthed and Alec wide eyed. She noticed almost immeadiatley that they were siblings, or somehow related. They had slim bodies, and long jet black hair. The only one who looked comfortable was Jace. He crouched in front of her making them almost eye level. Jace was very tall even when crouching.

"And who might you be?" Jace said in mocking tone you'd use if you were talking to a lost 6 year old girl.

"I'm not a little girl." Clary said quietly, so quietly only Jace had heard.

"What?" Alec and Isabelle said in usion.

"I never said you were."

"You implied it!" Clary snapped.

"Did I?"

"What the hell are you guys talking about?" Alec said looking annoyed.

"Nothing nevermind. Who are you?" Jace asked not taking his eyes off of Clary.

"Clary." She said loud enough so they all heard.

"Pretty. Is it just Clary or do you have a last name?" Jace asked still grinning. Probably pleased to see her looking annoyed, she thought.

"Clary Fray. My last name is Fray." She spoke with uncertainty.

"Alright Clary, can you tell me what you are doing out here at 3 in the morning?"

"Nope."

"And why not?"

"Because I don't know myself."

"Jace shes probably a drunk mundie. Leave her alone." Isabelle indicated throwing Clary a disgusted look.

"If she was a mundie why would she have a rune on her ankle?" Jace said pointing down to her ankle. The sock was torn from when she tripped. She could see black swirling lines just like the ones that decorated each of their skins.

"WHAT?" Isabelle dropped to her knees at Clary's side and pushed back her sock, none too gently. Alec looked at it with renewed intrest.

"There is a rune on her skin. And she doesn't seem to be dying." Jace said calmly. Isabelle looked at her with great surprise and stood back up. Jace, still crouched in front of her, reached out to something right by Clary's leg, his eyes lingering at her injuries. For a split second Clary thought he looked concerned but they smoothed over so quickly she could have imagined it.

"Rune? Dying?" Clary asked.

Jace studied her face thoughtfully before answering, "When a mudane is marked with an angels mark it can kill them and turn them into Forsaken." The look on her face made him clarify, "When you cause a mu-human agonizing pain and mindless, insane rage. This only happens when you put multiple marks on their skin."

"Why do you say human?You're human but you can bear the marks." Clary inquired.

"Ah, but we aren't human. Not fully."

"We?"

"Shadowhunters are born with the blood of the Angel Raziel. Therefore, we are not fully human and we are strong enough to bear runes."

"Again, we?" Clary asked again.

"You must have Clave blood if you bear the marks of the angel." Alec pointed out.

"Exactly." Jace smiled at Clary. His stare made her uncomfortable and a little flushed.

"So what are we going to do with her?" Isabelle wanted to know.

The Ivory Weapons: Hidden Soldier (Clace)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara