Chapter 25 Happy Reunions and Shocking Information

Jocelyn waited nervously, as she gazed into the portal wondering what was taking Jace so long. She still didn't know why she didn't just push past him, and go in there herself to get her daughter back. Maybe it was the desperation in his voice as he begged her to let him go through. She saw the confident side of him, but all of it faded away when it came to Clary. Her daughter must have done something to this boy to have him so caught on her. Jocelyn saw the surprise in his friends, when he told her that he wanted to be the one to get Clary. His friends, Alec and Isabelle seemed to be just as caught off by surprise then Jocelyn or even Luke.

She hadn't expected that from a Wayland, and when Jace told him he was the son of Micheal Wayland she couldn't see the resemblance. Micheal wasn't like Jace in the tiniest bit, but no one else came to mind when she thought of the golden haired boy. The portal's grew brighter until she saw two kids tumbling out; not surprised that their hands were clasped together. Jocelyn ran past Magnus, Luke, Isabelle, Simon, and Alec and threw her arms around her daughter. Clary had untangled her hand from Jace's and hugged her back.

"Clary, are you alright?" She whispered in her daughters ear, not wanting to let go off her daughter. She was afraid if she let go, she'd taken away from her again. It was almost a few days,but it felt like an eternity without her red haired daughter around after she just got her back.

"Mom, I'm fine. Our family just has some issues that needs to be sorted out." Clary responded half-heartily. A laugh vibrated through Jocelyn's body, even though it was one of the truest statements that she could hear in this world.

"I just got you back, Clary. I'm not letting take you away from me again, even if it's someone you trust your life with." Jocelyn drew back and her eyes flickered over to Jace, who was conversing with Magnus, who seemed fairly distraught with what was being spoken. His face scrunched up in a disgusted fashion that even all the glitter he wore couldn't mask.

"Mom." Clary groaned seeing her mothers stare. Jocelyn looked back at her newly found daughter and smiled. For two years she hadn't been able to have a say in her only daughters life, and she felt better then she had in a long time knowing now she did.

'It's great to finally see you, again, Clary." A deep voice said aloud. Jocelyn turned to see a smiling Luke, in his usual flannel shirt and jeans. His smile brightened Jocelyn's day. She'd barely seen that smile ever since Clary had left. Now, Clary must have her memories back and she knew what Luke was. or at least have a suspicion. The Shadowhunter training should allow her to spot a creature that wasn't a human, if they made sense.

"You are a werewolf, right?" Clary asked suspiciously.

Luke shrugged, and gave Clary a smile. "I must be, if you know I am." Luke grinned and pulled Clary into a hug.

"I missed you, Uncle Luke." Clary muttered, so that Jocelyn had trouble comprehending what she said. Luke shook his  head.

"Never call me that." he laughed and held Jocelyn's daughter tighter. Clary laughed and Jocelyn relished in the sound. Her daughter wasn't fourteen anymore. She was sixteen, and Clary had grown up so much.

She'd missed out on two years of her daughter's life.

This wasn't new information, but it still felt like a punch to the gut. She should have never kept any of the information from Clary, and trained her to be a Shadowhunter,something she knew Clary was destined to be. It was unfair of her to do so,  but it had been the safest thing, when she'd stolen the Mortal Cup from Valentine.

"Fine, Luke." Clary decided and finally she drew back. Magnus motioned for them to come over, and Jocelyn was surprised that he brokn apart the reunion himself.