Chapter 19 Finding the Missing Pieces

It had taken them a while to keep Sebastian down. Even with some knock out medicine, and a few binding runes, Sebastian fought incredibly hard. They had left the apartment, and back into Tuscany, Italy. The Clave was called by Jocelyn, and people were filing out of a Portal, when they came back. Alec regained consciousness a little less then an hour after they had come back. Isabelle still layed there, her long dark hair spilling over the patched couch.

Clary stood by Jace and Alec, looking at the scene in front of them. More and more people have been portaling to the small cabin, either worrying about Izzy, or fascinating about Sebastian. He layed unconscious propped up in a corner. Jocelyn sat on one of the armchairs her focus entirely on Sebastian. She kept muttering Jonathon, and a fire, but Clary couldn't comfort her. She knew enough to think that she had just gained another child, when she thought he was dead.

Clary didn't know what to say. She just got her mother back, but she was in a trance like state of mind. What could she say?

Jace leaned down and spoke softly. "Alec and I are going out side. Get some fresh air. Do you want to come?"

His voice sounded almost  mesmerizing, but Clary still hesitated. Jace saw her worried glace at Izzy and her mother.

"Don't worry. They'll get us if anything exciting happens." Jace assured her with a smile.

The smile won her over and she nodded. "Alright."

They weaved in and out of people and followed Alec outside into the fields of sunflowers. The sun wasn't high enough to be noon, but it lit the field with a warm glow. Once they were a good distance away from the cabin, Alec stopped abruptly. This caused Jace to almost walk into him, and Clary accidentally walking into Jace.

"Sorry." Clary muttered.

"Apologize accepted. Now." He paused and looked back at Clary. She was fully aware of Alec looking at them curiously, but she barely noticed him with Jace looking down on her. "What the hell are The Ivory Weapons?"

"You heard that? I guess your more like a cat then I thought." Clary said thinking back to Jace's cat like movements. His hearing was astounding.

"A cat?" He asked. Alec curled his lips into a small smile, and shook his head.

"Yes, a cat." Clary insisted. Jace narrowed his eyes, but his smile softened.

"Whatever." Jace responded. "The Ivory Weapons?"

"Oh, that was a little leap of faith in a dream." Clary told them. Jace's smile dropped, and Alec placed a hand on his forehead.

Clary laughed nervously. "They can turn my brother good again."

Jace's smile didn't reappear, but he did raise in eyebrows in curiosity. Alec took his his hand away from his face, and gave her a scrutinizing look.

"You saw Sebastian's reaction to those words." She told them, remembering his complexion paling. She knew that the Ivory Weapons existed now, but she didn't know where to stop looking for them. She wanted to help her brother, but how could she when she didn't know where to start. "They have to be real."

"I'm not sure about any of this. You saw this in a dream, Clary. It isn't the most reliable source." Jace said carefully. "What do you mean good again? I don't see how you can turn someone good."

Clary looked down and dug her sneakers into the ground. "I'm not exactly sure either, but I'm going to find out. I will find these weapons."

"Then we'll help." Jace stated confidently. He gave a her gentle smile, and Alec a hard look, when he started to complain. Clary look up from her feet, where a small hole was beginning to form, and smiled gratefully at Jace.