Chapter 18 Coming Alive

"Get away from me!" Isabelle demanded. She tried to kick out at Sebastian, but failed to hit anything, but air. He had her arms pinned behind her, and was currently binding them with a rune. She could feel the burn on her hands, as he traced the rune. He must have done something with his hands, because, before he had a stele out, Isabelle felt a sharp pain around her hands.

"A rune of quietude will shut you up." Sebastian muttered grudgingly. Isabelle ceased her kicking, looking to attempt a surprise hit. Sebastian must have seen through her plan, because he wound up her feet as quickly as possible, before applying the rune.

"What did you do to Alec?" Isabelle asked, trying to stare down Sebastian with a glare. She watched his graceful movements as he began to search the living room for something. She glanced quickly at her brother for a moment, glad to see his stomach moving up and down. She fixed her gaze on Sebastian, trying to pull a plan together in her head. He must of found something, when she wasn't looking, because he held a small wooden box.

"He's unconscious. I'll leave it at that. He's lucky that's all that's happened to him." Sebastian told her, annoyance evident in his voice. He placed the box on the shards of glass, that used to be the coffee table, and opened it.

"Why do you say lucky?" Isabelle questioned trying to see the contents of the box. Sebastian didn't even look at her, as he responded.

"You must know what he is. What kind of disgrace he is to the Nephilim." Sebastian spat. "No person like him should ever be allowed as a Shadowhunter."

Isabelle gulped, because she knew exactly what Sebastian meant. Alec's sexuality wasn't broadcasted to the Clave, but Isabelle knew. If something like this happened, you didnt talk about. The entire subject should be avoided.

"Your a narrow minded bastard! You don't even care about the Nephilim! You don't care about any of us!" Isabelle retorted. Sebastian merely looked up, and Isabelle saw the rage flash through his black eyces. Isabelle usually called her eyes black, but she never saw eyes like his. There seemed to be no pupal at all, and seemed to be endless black holes in them.

Sebastian opened his mouth to reply, but a loud banging came from the hallway. Isabelle looked eagerly in front of her, to see the wall vibrating. Sebastian held something in his hand, as he peered down the hallway. Looking annoyed, he placed something around her neck. A cold metal chain fell onto her neck, and as soon as he clasped the necklace, Isabelle fell into darkness.

"I. Can't. Barge. Down. This. Door." Jace panted throwing his shoulder against the metal door. He stopped, and glanced down at his right shoulder."This was not what I bargained for."

"I dont think being trapped in a cell was what you bargained for either." Clary told him in an amused voice. She thought Jace could never be beaten, but the door had him defeated in a minute.

"You know, I never thought a door could be your downfall." Clary mused. Jace shot her an annoyed look, that soon was replaced by an approving look. He had his nose scruntched up in an adorable way, and Clary could see his frustration radiate off him.

"Do you want to try?" He asked dryly. Clary knew he doubted her, but she had a trick up her sleeve. She pushed past Jace her arm just barely touching his, and it felt like sparks had jumped between their skins.

"I may not have more training then you, but I do have a secret weapon." Clary told him seriously, laughing hysterically inside.

Clary made the best show as she dramatically put her hand on the door knob, and twisted it. She heard Jace gape at her action, as the door was pushed open.

"Best not to make faces, Jace. Rumor has it that they'll stick." Clary joked lightly. She also had to duck as a knife flew past her. It had come close enough that's tiny red snips of her hair fell to the wooden floor.