Chapter 8 The Chosen

They all stayed in the doorway, shocked. Clary wasn't sure if it was her vampire best friend, or the fact she was able to push him to the ground. Either way, it looked suspicious from all points.

"How did you do that?" Alec asked Clary. Clary lost her words and just shook her head. Her best friend was a vampire!

"Clary." Jace spoke, his voice empty of emotion, but shock. "How did you do that."

"I don't know. I guess it was a reflex." Clary whispered. She mustered all her strength and stepped into her old apsrtment. Candles lit the room, the windows blacked out. She heard a groan coming from her old bedroom. She walked cautiously and opened the door. Simon was on the bed starring blankly at the wall. Simon was her friend, her bestfriend, Clary reminded herself.

"Simon?" Clary wasn't afraid, she knew he wouldn't hurt her, but her voice wavered anyway. She could hear the others behind her, but kept her gaze on Simon. He lifted his head and stared at her like she had fifty heads.

"C-Clary?" Simon stuttered. Clary didn't hide her surprise when she realized something about him. Simon was afraid. Afraid of her.

"I'm sorry, Simon. I didn't know it was you. I was startled." Clary explained.

"I know you were acting on reflexes." Simon's fear turned to anger in a split second. He got up and was in front of Clary in a flash. "You were kidnapped and I tried to save you. You went missing Clary! Missing! My only friend! And you left me! I tried to save you, and this happened!' He gestured to his fangs. "I've had my life ruined because of you! You must have been having a jolly old time, while I got my life ruined! Because of you, Clary. Because of you." His voice had lowered to a whisper. She stood frozen to her spot. Now, she wasn't sure he wouldn't hurt her. Now, she realized that he was right.

"Uh. Simon?" Alecs  voice broke the tension.

Simon didn't lift his gaze from Clary's as he answered. "Who are you? I know what you are, what you all are. Including Clary."

Clary felt as though she'd been punched in the gut. Hearing Simon say her name with so much hate, killed her. She wakned to comfort him, but she had no right to. She was the reason he was a vampire.

"Did you know that Clary has no idea where shes been this entire time." Alec explained. Clary would have turned in surprise, but Simon's gaze was capitating. She couldn't turn away.

Simon's anger falter, but stayed strong. "Well, isn't that convienent."

"Its true." Clary snapped.

"Well. Maybe you'll remember." Simon's voice turned mysterious.

"How can I remember?"

"By dying." Simon moved so fast, and Clary felt pain shoot through her throat. It was painful, then turned almost blissful. It ended however in a matter of two seconds. Clary brought her knee up and connected with Simon's stomach. He stumbled in surprise. Jace, Alec, and Isabelle were on him in a instant. None of them had a stake. So they needed to subdue him. Jace went to crack his neck, and Clary screamed.

Clary's head bursted with pain. As though thousands of needles were burying themselves depper into her brain. Almost immeadiately Jace hovered next to her, leaving Isabelle and Alec to subdue Simon. Clary just heard the sound of a bone snapping.

Clary clutched desperately at her head, begging for it to stop. The surroundings around her vanished, only the pain assured Clary that she was still alive. Surely, when she died the pain would stop.

Clary's head stopped pounding, but the black veil in her mind stayed. She got up and looked around. Nothing. There was nothing but darkness.

"Well done, Clarissa. Your first test is completed. You passed, and with outstanding colors. Excellent results, for having been tarnished by your mundane childhood. Johnathon will be pleased that you will soon return."

"Of course, Father. Give Johnathon my best."

"I will. Your mother will be pleased with your work. You can persuade her back to the family." Speaking of family, Clary remembered someone.

"Father. May I ask of you something?"

"What is it?" Clary's father was never surprised, but this came close to it.

"I would like to add someone new. He's strong, like Johnathon."

"Who is it, my dear?" He asked her gently.

"Jace Wayland."

"Of course. His strength is too much to waste. He may be a great addition. Johnathon, will not be pleased though."

"Why?"

"Because you're intrested in this boy enough to ask him to join us."

"He'll be fine. Father, do I have to forget?"

"Sadly. In this state you can remember everything. In your own body we need you to play innocent, while beleiving your innocent."

"I understand. I'll talk to you soon."

"You too, darling."

With that Clary opened her eyes to see a golden pair staring  anxiously at her.

Her lips turned into a sly smile. She felt groggy, not remembering what had happened. All she could remember was piercing in her head. It had all vanished.

"Clary?" Jace asked her. Concern in his eyes.

"What happened? Where are we?" They were no longer in her old apartment, but in a spacious room.

"Your in an apartment."

"Who's apartment?"

It was Jaces turn to smile. Only it wasn't Jace who responded her but two girls.

Both tall with brown hair, and as thin as a twig. One had freckles and glasses and smiled mischievously at Clary. The other, who's pale complexion could give Simon a run for his money, smiled gently.

"That's Leah and Savannah. Leah's the pale one, and Savannah has the freckles." Jace told her. His smile falter as he passed his gaze over them.

"I thought she's be prettier. She looks like Jocelyn, but she isn't fully grown." Savannah observed.

"She'll be Jocelyn's twin in a year. Have faith." Leah scolded Savannah.

Jace sighed. "I really hoped we would never have to meet them, but we had no choice with you and your head. Clary, have some manners. Were in the presence of Savannah and Leah. Or as they like to call themselves. The Chosen."

Sooooo.....Pretty confusing huh. Comment what you think is happening to Clary! She has a very confusing journey ahead of her. What do you think of The Chosen? People probably thought it was Clary the title was talking about. Nope! Your welcome Leah and Savannah, who I based The Chosen about. Comment and Vote so I know if you still like the story!! Love ya!!

xoxo-Jen