Chapter 24 Trouble in Paradise

Clary glanced around, and her surroundings went black momentarily. Soon enough, her vision was crystal clear again, and her face contorted with confusion. Around her was black, for what seemed to go on forever. Her reflection looked back at her, but something was off. Her usually bright smile was tilted, and her eyes a gleaming dark pool. She knew these eyes. They were the same color as her brother's.

She blinked multiple times in a lame effort to alter the reflection. Instead of the eyes changing, the background morphed into trees. That's the same area I was in, before Sebastian took me away, Clary thought.Her mind was boggled as Jace, Alec, and Izzy came into view along with herself and-Valentine? Her father had to be dead, but he was by the cabin that night.

Then everything pieced into her mind. Savannah and Leah being shut out of her mind, the eyes and smile, and finally her new setting.

Sebastian.

That Eidolon demon was a distraction so that Sebastian can have a warlock tap into her mind. It was why she knew exactly what had happened. All this sudden knowledge about where the scroll was wasn't hers. It was Sebastian's.

He must have had a rough transfer into her mind, with all the crap Valentine had put into her. So much so that some of his memories were now lodged into her brain. His evil plan unfolded in her mind, well some of it. She saw lots and lots of deomons, warlocks, and Clary even spotted some faeries in the mix. They all listened to him. Every word he spoke they seemed to devorour with utter loyalty.

"What the hell?" Clary muttered and her voice echoed through the darkness. "How did he swap with the Eidolon demon? I was with him the entire time."

Clary felt a little embaressed as she had accidentally asked that question to Jace, who couldn't hear her. Having Jace around made things so much clearer. Jace, someone who she thought would notice something off about her, unless-

Unless Sebastian was using her mind to respond exactly how she usually would. She couldn't be bitter because Jace couldn't notice anything was off kilter, when nothing could make him suspicious. Except the facial expressions. Clary watched herself walk slowly towards Valentine and appeared to be delivering some terrible news. His skin had paled, like Simon's was when she first met him, after he had turned into a vampire.

More and more talking was done, when suddenly the Eidolon demon literally crawled out of Valentine's skin. Clary shuddered in digust, and looked away. The same exact thing Isabelle had done.

More and more fighting commenced, and Clary watched as a cruel and unerveing smile grew on her face. It made her look completely different, and that's when she saw it.

Jace's head snapped towards her, and narrowed his eyes at 'Clary'. Yet, when she had turned to him and asked him for something he obliged. He smiled as though he had noticed anything different. Nothing went by Jace, nothing. He was too observant to realize the complete facial change. He must know that something was wrong.

"C'mon Jace." She murmured hopefully, as though he'd hear her in his mind. Clary saw the imposter her pull out her stele, and drew something in the drew. A shimmering veil had appeared as she drew. She recieved surprised glances, but the imposter Clary shrugged them off.

She stepped into the glittering portal and vanished from sight, Alec and Izzy followed thruogh, but Jace looked back, before he stepped out of sight. An idea sudddenly popped into her mind. What if she could create a rune? She had back in the apartment that Valentine imprisoned her in. So, why not now?

She took the stele out of her pocket, and held it up as she walked to the images that showed the others to her. Hoping that the stele wouldn't just go through, she started drawing it. Did she even need a surface? The imposter Clary had already answered that. That Clary drew in the air, and the portal still worked. That meant that she could no matter what, right?