Chapter 10 Comatose

"What!?" Clary, Jace, and Leah exclaimed in usion. Savannah looked far away still, as if she only saw them, but didn't fully comprehend it.

"Clary what the hell do you know?" Jace asked her anxiously. He walked over to her and she felt her heart quicken as he sat next to her.

"I said something about a serum. I can't remember." She told him, more confused then she could understand.

"That happens. Usually when your awake you get the gist of the conversation, but the the entire thing. The serum, or whatever it is, adds to the blockage of memory. We have to wait for Savannah to come back to us, though." She glanced worriedly at Savannah.

"She said she knew where Valentine was, and what he's planning! How the hell is she, um, whatever she is." Jace said. He was full of fire and it made Clary smile, for some unknown reason. He looked so relaxed, but Clary could see the tension in his shoulders, and his fist clentched tight.

"We can't bother with information we can't have right now. I would try going home. There's nothing I can do without Savannah. We need both our powers combined to pull off something like that. I will try some concoctions to see if it will pull her out of this state. Go home and get some rest, especially you Clary." Leah told them, with the clear indication for them to depart.

"I hope she's okay." Clary whispered to Jace once they left the apartment. The bag banging on her legs as the walked down the curling staircase.

"Me too. She'll know where Valentine is and what he plans to do. You cant remember anything about the conversation?" Jace asked her, hoping she knew something. Anything.

"This serum. Its all I can remember. I'm sorry." Clary responded, barely paying attention. Her mind wandered back, but it was as though she hit an impenitrible wall in her mind. She clentched her fist and the fabric of the bags handle imprinted its pattern in her hand. She couldn't stand not being able to know what was happening in ther own mind.

"Clary." Jace's voice was gentle, like when he told her about his father. "Don't blame yourself. Blame Valentine. He did this to you and we know it for a fact."

Clary nodded numbly and was reassured at Jace's words. A pit in her stomach had grown. She didn't know why she was nervous, but she was. Almost as if she knew something was about to happen.

"Where's Isabelle and Alec?" Clary asked, hoping to stray away from her mind as a subject.

"I think at your apartment. Taking care of Simon. After you were unconscious, his body relaxed. It was like he was a robot. You can crack a vampires neck to subdue them, but it wont kill them. Once he came around he said something about passing a test. I took you to Savannah and Leah leaving Iz and Alec to take care of him." Jace spat Simon's name with almost pure hatred, and Clay wondered why.

Simon hadn't bitten him, but Clary. Why would he be mad? Something told her it was exactly that reason he would be mad, but Clary wasn't sure.

"Oh." Her voice small, and fearful. Simon did bite her.

"Don't take it the wrong way, Remember when he was yelling at you? I bet you Valentine took him and brainwashed him to try and kill you. I bet he didn't realize you could knee a vampire, and push one down." Jaces voice was proud, but it was all too confusing for Clary.

How did she fight off a vampire?

"Yeah. I guess he didn't." Clary guessed Jace realized she didn't want to press the matter, because for the rest of the way he remained silent. Every once in a while, she would look at Jace and be fascinated by something new every time.

He looked like a regular teenage guy,-a hot one, Clary admitted- but looked as though he could kill anything in a split second. His golden eyes made her want to capture the color on paper, or the fact that Jace seemed oblivious to all the girls staring at him as they passed.