Chapter 20 Sleeping Beauty

A whole week later, Isabelle still wasn't awake. No one knew what to do, and she was still in her outfit from a week ago. Last week sounded close, but Clary was thinking the exact opposite of it. Sebastian was in Idris in the Gard, while Valentine seemed to drop of the radar. That entire week was spent in the library looking for information on the Ivory Weapons. Clary was there all day long, then retiring after a long days work. Alec and Jace swapped, so the other could visit Isabelle. Clary visited her for minutes before and after her library trips.

Clary blew at the hair dangling in front of her. "Why is there literally no information on these stupid weapons?!"

Alec casted her an amused look, then continued to read the pages in his book. He flipped the page, and his eyes grew wide. "Clary, I-"

His voice was cut off by the scraping of a chair on the wooden floor. She wasted no time, and was looking over Alec's shoulder in a second.

"Nevermind, look." His finger slid down the page, and stopped midway. "The Ivory Weapons. Though most are told that all the stories are true, The Ivory Weapons seems to be a myth, since there is no proof of their existence. The story was of an old warlock, by the name of Valerie Sine. She stumbled across an old cave on Magna Graecia, known as modern day Sicily. Valerie found a locket and a charmed bracelet sitting on a stone table. The locket engraved with a star, with wines encircling it. Valerie took the locket, with the  marching bracelet. However, she didn't notice the scroll lying on the ground, a mere foot away. After that, she left the cave in delight of her new accessories. Soon, she began to feel drained, and glanced at her blue skin. As the tale goes, her skin originated to an olive tone, and her magic is taken away. The accessories seemed to glow on her skin, and she realized why. Being a warlock meant she had demon blood in her, and if the locket and bracelet seeped the evil away: she'd be human again. Freed from her eternal life, she began to relish in the news. Telling everyone far and wide. Due to the fact that no one saw these "weapons", as some would call them, no one believed her. No one saw the cave, even when many looked exactly where she said it was. Most believe the story was similar to the archangel Micheal's sword, so it is believed to be a myth."

Clary let that sink in, as her mind was awake and buzzing with new information. Over the week, she had gained most of her memories, with the help of Savannah and Leah. "What the name of the book?" She asked politely. He showed her the front cover, and the title rang a bell.

Sebastian once showed her book called 'The Book of Legends'. She wondered why it sounded so familiar back when Alec mentioned it at the cabin. Now, everything in her mind clicked. It was the same book with the same information.

"Clary. Do you want me to go get Jace? I can't believe I never found this damn book until today." He remarked throwing a glare at the open book. He got up, and started to walk towards the door, only stopping to look back at Clary. "Does anything seem familiar to you? Was it the name, or the locket?"

Clary's eyes widened in surprise, as she took in his words. They did seem familiar. A locket with a star engraved into it? Suspiciously enough, she knew exactly what Alec meant with his questions. As she turned to respond, he no longer stood at the door way, picking at the holes in his dark blue sweater.

Clary turned to the desk, and began to rummage through the papers. She knew that Izzy had put her mothers locket here. Frustrated, she threw up a paper, and glared at it as it came down. The locket wasn't there.

 "Ugh! What the hell?! I just want to find that damn locket!" Clary exclaimed, sitting on the chair. She threw back the red curls that had come loose from the ponytail she had it in.

"Woah, looks like some one is mad." Jace commented leaning on the doorway. His smirk disappeared as he saw the grimace on Clary's face. He walked in cautiously, and soon was on the other side of the desk. "What happened? Alec said you guys had found something, and then-"