Chapter 6 The Block

"An old rag?" Magnus questioned. Magnus was wearing bright yellow pajamas, that stood out against his tan skin. Usually being an artist Clary would hate this combination, but somehow,-maybe it was the glitter- Magnus made it work. He looked so familiar, but no glittering teenagers stood out in her mind. She would have noticed someone with black spiked hair, and well a lot of glitter.

Magnus's eyes swept passed the teenagers in front of him, lingering a bit on Alec, then coming to a stop at Clary. He frowned before speaking. "This cant be good. Come inside."

They stepped inside silently, and entered into a loft with bare walls with speckles of glitter here and there. The floor polished to a shine, so Clary could see herself in the wooden floor. They all stopped in the middle of the bare room, and looked at Magnus expectantly.

"We're not talking in here. We're going to talk in the den, where we can sit, because trust me you'll want to." As Clary walked towards the den with everyone else, she couldn't help but think she was the who would need to sit. The den turned out to have beige carpeting, a hot pink couch, and three cozy airmchairs. Magnus walked towards the velvet draped windows and opened it up, letting the sun light the room. He plopped himself on the couch and looked at them.

"Aren't you going to sit?" Magnus asked. They all scrambled for a spot to sit. Clary ended up sitting in one of the armchairs, Isabelle and Jace taking the other two. Alec ended up having to sit on the far side of the couch.

Everyone but Jace looked like they'd rather be anywhere else but here. Jace went straight into it. "We need your help."

"Are you sure 'we' is the right term to use?" Magnus questioned.

Jace glared at him before correcting himself.  "Alright. Clary needs your help."

"And?"

"She needs you to help her memories reveal themselves." Jace gritted his teeth. Even through everything, Clary was glad to see Jace like this. Annoyed. It meant he really did feel something.

"I already knew this."

Alec responded before Jace this time. "How?"

Magnus looked over and studied Alec. His face softened a fraction, before he explained.

"Because I was the one who took them away." This shut them up. No one -not even Jace- could say anything. For what seemed like years it finally sunk in. Clary spoke for the first time being here, seeing as she was the first to recover.

"Why?" She asked, desperate and curious about the answer.

"Your mother hired me when you were two. She came here asking me to blind you of the Shadow World-"

"But you didn't?" Alec interrupted. Magnus muttered something in a language she didn't recognize, and rested his gaze on Alec.

"No, if you had let me finish you would know that." Magnus responded. Alec murmured an apology, barely audible, before Magnus went on. "I couldnt take your sight away, unless your mother wanted me to really screw up your brain. Taking away the Shadow World is like cutting out a piece of your brain. So I told your mother I could take away your vision, only temporarily. You would see faeries, werewolves, even a Shadowhunters mark, and merely forget you ever saw as you were seeing it. It was perfect. I was so proud. Once the spell was wearing out, you'd draw the Angelic Power. It was a sign to let your mother know you were gaining your memories back."

"So, you put a spell on me over and over again?" Clary questioned. He said the spell was temporarily, hadn't he.

"That was the thing. You were always more observing then others. Yes I would see you every two years. That of course changed when you were kidnapped. Your not there, nor with your mother. What happened?" Magnus asked Clary.