Chapter 15 Never Forgiven

"No!" Jocelyn shrieked. Her green eyes wide and frightened. "Leave Clary alone!"

"I need her." Jonathon-no, Sebastian- told her in a bored voice. "Its a bonus to watch you suffer."

"How could you want your own mother to suffer?" Izzy asked, her tone incredulous.

"She's not my mother." Seabstian spat, his voice full of hatred as he glanced at Jocelyn. "No mother would leave her child to die, or hate them upon birth. A true mother would provide her child with anything he needed."

"Then who's your mother?" Clary questioned, curious if there was an answer.

Sebastian moved down the steps, and into the foyer. "Lilith, a Greater Demon."

"How is she your mother?" Alec asked, confused. He took his hand and scratched the back of his neck, and raised his eyebrow.

"I was given her blood when I was still in the womb, if you have to know." Sebastian told him in an annoyed tone. He examined his nails, as he leaned on the wall.

"I still don't get it." Isabelle concluded, throwing up her hands in frustration.

"No person like you would." Sebastian snapped. "Now, Clary. Will I take you willing or unwilling?"

All eyes went to Clary, she opened her mouth but no words came out. She shut her mouth, so she didn't look foolish.Finally, Clary cleared her throat before she spoke. "How do I know you'll keep your side of the deal?"

"Your not actually thinking about this, are you Clary?!" Jocelyn exclaimed. She took a step towards Clary, but Jonathon was in front of her in a flash.

"I don't need scum by my sister." Sebastian bit out. Jocelyn flinched away, and looked at Clary with wide eyes. Plea evident in them, but Clary averted her eyes. Her attention back on her brother.

"You never answered." Clary stated with a stubborn tone. She crossed her arms over her chest, and heard Isabelle shuffle towards Alec.

"Oh, that." Sebastian sneered. "Yes, I guess that is important to you. I guess you'll just have to trust me to do that." He turned around to face Clary, and his eyes seemed blacker then usual.

"I wouldn't trust you with a fly." Clary noted.

"A fly?" Isabelle questioned. Clary rolled her eyes, but didn't break eye contact with Sebastian.

"This is not the time, Izzy." Alec told her. Clary could almost hear Isabelle's remark, but Sebastian's laughter filled the room. It was a surprising sound that filled up the cabin; menacing, but still a laugh.

"I guess I should have known that." He tilted his head and gave her a grin. The look he gave her made her want to throw up. "Father would have been proud. It doesn't matter, but I thought you ought to know."

"Know what?" Clary asked. As she stared into his eyes, she began to fear the answer.

His next words shocked her in disbelief. "Father is dead, Clarissa."

A wave of confusion ran over Clary. How did Valentine die? The real question was; Who killed him?

"I see your trying to figure this out in your head, my sister. Don't fret. I have the answers." He looked at her as if she were to respond, but when she didn't he continued. "I killed Father. I don't expect that you would want gruesome details, so that is your answer. I killed Father."

Everyone was silent. Jocelyn had a faraway look in her eyes, and Alec and Isabelle seemed shocked. She could share the feeling. Seeing as though she was the only one who should respond, she chose her next words carefully.