Laced - Chapter 59 (Packing and Planning)

Start from the beginning

Instead, I was pacing back and forth, back and forth, trying to remember details that I had to do last minute, before we could leave.

Liam took notice of my restless state, asking me if I was okay, several times.

"Harry, what's gotten you all worked up?" When he asked me again, I stopped pacing.

I look away, not meeting his eyes as I lean back against the wall. "Liam, do you mind if I take a break for the rest of the day? I don't feel well." I lied.

He doesn't see through my lie, so he nods immediately. "Of course. You could have just told me, instead of pacing for the last hour like you have."

I just shrug my shoulders. "Call me if anything happens. Thanks, Doc."

"Will do. Go rest yourself, Harry."

I give him a quick, appreciative smile, and leave the hospital wing.

First things first, I needed to go to the library.

~~

Zayn's POV

My fingers played with the pen in my hands, twiddling it around as I listened to the monotonous ring of the phone that was pressed to my ear.

In front of me sat a white sheet of paper, freshly printed and ready to be signed by both Amber and I. Once I was done with this phone call, I'd call her in here, and then we could both sign the contract.

Caleb sat across from me at the conference table, his feet kicked up on the table. I'd given up on telling him to put his feet down - there was no point. Everything I asked, he'd do just the opposite. Just to piss me off.

So that he couldn't use anything against me, I masked a face of indifference at everything he did. If I didn't feed into his games, he'd eventually stop trying to piss me off.

I rolled my eyes, annoyed at the fact that no one was picking up the phone on the other side, and cursed when I was directed to voice mail.

"Fuck."

"No answer?" Caleb asks me.

"No."

He shakes his head. "Stupid fuckers. You got a fucking phone, you use it. What's the point of having one if they don't even use it?"

"I don't know."

"What are we going to do now? You know your birthday party is one of the only legitimate distractions we have to carry out the attack."

I sigh, and shake my head. "I don't know. We could move it 'till later. Make up another bogus party or some shit. You gathered people, right?"

"What else have I been doing these past few years while I was out? I literally visited and convinced everyone you said could possible help us to be on our side. We've got thousands, minimum."

I slowly nod. "Okay, good. And they're free anytime?"

"With a twenty-four hour notice." He answers.

I don't say anything, contemplating over the fact that we had a good amount of power at our disposal...we just had to figure out how to dispose it, and when.

Caleb purposely kicks a cup of pens with the edge of his foot onto the floor, and then looks to me, waiting for my reaction. I just sigh again, and close my eyes.

He squints, scrutinizing my expression. "What's wrong? You're not getting pissed off and I'm literally fucking with all of your fancy conference tables." He says, pointing to his feet that he still had up on the table.