“What do you mean? What kind of work?” I questioned.

“You’ll find out when the time comes,” He grinned.

I narrowed my eyes at him, “I’m sick of this.”

“What, darling?”

“I’m sick of being so confused. I want answers and I want them now.”

“So do I, but you don’t see me getting so irked over it.”

“Well what do you want?”

“We discussed this last time, remember?”

“Yes I remember, but you’re asking me for something I don’t know.”

“Then I guess we can both just bask in our ignorance until you do know.” 

“I’ve got a better idea.  I’m prepared to make a deal with you.”

“Oh really? This should be interesting. What do you have to offer me?”

“You said in our last meeting that I sleep talked some information which is apparently why I’m here right?”

“Yes…” He narrowed his eyes at me as if he could read my face to anticipate my proposition.

“Well I haven’t been able to sleep well in that cell that you shoved me in. It’s too cold, it’s disgusting, and it’s gloomy.  If you want more information out of me, I’ll be more likely to remember what happened if you let me sleep well somewhere nice where I can sleep well.”

He leaned back and rested his arms on the top of the couch.

“What if I don’t have any available rooms?”

“I know for a fact that you do.” I said sassily without thinking.

“Oh really, and how exactly would you know that I do?” Dang it, why do I keep doing this?

I kept my face solid, “Isn’t it obvious, this house is large enough to have at least 8 bedrooms if not more.”

“What if they aren’t bedrooms?”

“Sounds more to me like ‘what if I don’t want to offer them to you’.”

He smirked, “You’re right. What if you sleep talk and I’m not around to hear it?”

“I’ll sleep with Nadya or someone. Better yet, why don’t you just record me?”

“Well what if I refuse this arrangement?”

“Then I suppose you’ll never get the information you want out of me.”

“Well maybe it’s not that important to me?”

I scoffed, “Really? So you got angry and violent with me for no reason? Well I suppose that’s normal for a temperamental, whiny, pampered child like you huh?”

He glared at me. “You better watch what you say, you’re treading on—“

I sighed, rolling me head back, “See, here we go again.”

“Alright fine,” he spat, “I agree to your little deal.”

“Good,” I beamed, relishing the feeling of having the upper hand for once, “So how important is it?”

“How important is what?”

“The information you’re trying to get out of me?”

“Not important enough for me to not kill you if you keep getting on my nerves,” he smirked.

Taken into the Unknown (Complete)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara