Clean Past-Chapter 25

Meeya's POV

It was a brand new day in the Sultan mansion. The wedding was in its end. There were 3 days left for my family to head back home. Was I excited about it? Well sort of. But to separate from Farim was something that I was not looking forward to.

I still had the gift I bought for Farim hidden in a closet. "Should I just give it to him or wait another day? Well, it's best to give now than never" I thought.

While I was taking out the gift from a rusty old closet, a few of my aunts spotted me.

"Ooooh seems like someone is hiding something from us!" they chuckled.

My eyes went wide and perspire trickled down the sides of my forehead.

"Come show what it is!" said aunt 1 as she snatched the gift from me.

"NOO NOOO it's nothing maami. it's nothing!!" I tried to jump and snatch it back from them. But they were good at defending as tho they have been playing netball for a long time.

Shit what should I do?

"Maaamiiiiiiii!!! I said STOP IT!" I screamed and the room broke into silence.

They became suspicious about my anger. Why how was I angry? She handed over the gift box with her eyes blinking in confusion. I snatched it and ran upstairs to the room that no one comes.

I sat down till Farim comes to the house, it was still early so I had to wait a long long time. While I was in the room, many memories flashed. And I was ignorant enough to ignore them.

*FLASHBACK*

"Ei loosu, get me the water," Ajamal orders me as he sat laid back in his sofa watching his favorite series of CSI.

I was doing my homework and I didn't want to stop halfway.

"Oi! can't you hear me? DONT MAKE ME COME THERE AND GIVE A TIGHT SLAP!" he roared and Syadeek was beside him laughing. That time I chose to ignore it and be oblivious.

It was about 5 minutes since the second warning and it seemed like he forgot about... or so I thought. Just before I could finish the word C-E-L-L-S , he dashed to my room and held me up by my throat. "You better obey me bitch. Remember it won't take me a second to kill you!" he whispered evilly as he tightens his hands on me. I gasped for air, but realize I was getting none. aaaa....rrrr.... IIIII..rrr... I tried to talk still gasping for air.

"You know I wish you were dead." he lets go as I drop to the ground.

He left.

My stomach felt a knot. I dropped down, helplessly. "Ya Allah, I never asked for brothers like these. Hidha has good brothers that care about her. Is this a test or it's just my fate?" tears welled up my eyes and some drop onto my science book, and the word 'cells' was smudged. Hidha was my best friend who had two brothers just like me. But they loved her presence. They always embraced her with hugs, kisses of love and with a touch of kindness. Maybe my 'cells' of my soul are meant to be smudged just like on the book.

*Flashback ends*

"Ding Dong Assalam Alaikum" the old rusty doorbell rang with words of Assalam Alaikum partially muffled. I quickly got up and made my way to the balcony to see who has come.

"PSSS PSSS" ... "look here!"

It was Farim and he was standing there innocently waiting to be answered. I tried calling him, but he was too deaf.

"Oi ... PAKKI" I raised my voice, not that loud enough to be heard by others.

"Pakki? what are you doing there?" finally he looked up with a face that was fully painted with confusion.

"come to the room we always talk... I have to give you something" I whispered and he nodded. Not sure if he heard it properly.

After a few minutes, I heard his footsteps. He had a way of walking that made him seem perpetually in a hurry. His steps weren't long but they were rapid. Like a speed-walker without that odd twisting motion they make.

"Hey... pakki... what are you doing here?" he scratched the back of his head and looked at me with an eyebrow that arched for the sky.

"Come on in, no one will know we are here. So we can actually chat for awhile." I forgot to tell him about the gift.

He made himself comfortable with cushions by his side and sat opposite of me. We were not that close as we made sure we still had a 'halal gap'.

"So... what do you want to talk about ?" he asked gently without any hesitation.

"Well anything I suppose... Ermmm how was your school life in Bahrain?" I always had that question back in my mind.

"ermm... can we skip that babe?" he requested as he avoided my eyes.

"well... I am not a very understanding and comprehensive girlfriend. So I think you should just tell me as I will be very bothered about it. Remember No secrets between us!!" I frowned at the fact he gets to get away with all his little secrets. I still don't know about why he was super pissed about him being called gay. So I didn't let this chance slip away. Maybe I can get some answers.

"Pakki... your impression of me will change if I am to tell you this"

"I don't care... I deserve to know!" I am a stubborn individual and so was he.

"If you insist..." his eyes avoided eye contact and that sure told me that he was not comfortable.

Part of me didn't care about it but the other part didn't want to see him like this. Sometimes the truth has to be told.The more you hide them and try to escape from them, they will haunt you back and will be eventually spilled out.

"Well... I don't have a clean past"

What does he mean by clean past?

Hey guys !!!

I am so so so so sorry for not updating regularly!!

I am stuck with many projects and assignments to finish.

Please please bare with me! I'll try my best.

A special shout out to *BellaDebbyXO* who has been constantly nominating me for many awards!! Thank you, babe!!

and *amy_jakie* for your constant support!! thank you soo much!

If you like the story please comment and vote. !!