"love you baby" - Chapter 6

It was a not too tall, not too short guy. His hair fell down his forehead messily as though he just woke up from sleep. He came downstairs rubbing his left eyes as he walked. 

"Pakki??" he mumbled half asleep.

" OH SHIT! HE CANT SEE ME LIKE THIS! " I cursed a few words ( even though it was prohibited in Islam). I was insecure, as I was wearing tight jeans and a blouse that stank. I hit the floor running to the kitchen with me covering my face with my scarf. I closed the curtain at the kitchen door. 

In the kitchen, there was my cousin sister, Saya. She was one year younger than Farim. She was beautiful. She had long luscious hair, that shined under the light. She had strong features and sleepy eyes that can attract any guys. She had a voice like a singer and a body like an actress. She had all that I didn't. In Indian Muslim tradition in India, Girls are to stay in the kitchen if there were guys in the living room after they have gotten their puberty. They had to wait until the guys left. This explained why she was in the kitchen. 

"Meeya! I was waiting here for you !!" she exclaimed in joy as she hugged me tightly. I and Saya were close but sometimes I was jealous of her as she had a lot of friends and people that liked her. 

" Wait ... is she the GF that farim was talking about? " I questioned myself. I hope not, as I didn't want to have anything against Saya.  

While she was talking to me, exclaiming in excitement about how much I have grown and stuff, my mind was just thinking about Farim.  I peeked through the curtain and saw him resting his head against the wall near the sofa and sleeping. " Such a sleepyhead! I came all the way from Singapore to see him, and this is what he does!!" I spoke in my mind angrily. 

" Whats wrong?" she asked out of concern. 

" Oh.. nothing .. you want to go upstairs? There is no one in the living room!" I lied, I so badly wanted to see Farim. She said ok and I thought that was quite fast. 

I held her hand and pulled the curtain in another hand and quickly rushed to the stairs which were right beside the living room. As we rushed upstairs, I peeked at him and I saw him waking up. "Oh shit! " I cursed and sped up as quickly as possible. 

On the second floor, there was a quite spacious area. It had a golden swing on it. That swing reminded me of Kollywood movies, where old Rajinikanth ( famous Indian actor)  would sit and rule his village. Maybe my grandpa was also like Rajinikanth.

As Saya and I explored, we found three rooms. One of the room was big and had an attached toilet. The others were relatively small, and in one of it, my cousin brother was lying down. He glanced at me and said " Oh .. Welcome! Welcome! How are you doing my dear? " He said in Indian accent as I cringed

His name is Makbul. His name suits him so well. Mak ( a stupid person in Tamil ) Bull ( an OX)! He was 2 years older than me. I hated him so much because he was jealous of Farim and me all the time. When I was 7, when I used to sit beside Farim in long rides ( to give wedding invitations) Makbull would purposely separate us and sit in between us. " Meeya should always sit beside me, ONLY" he used to say this which annoyed me pretty much. The only thing I like about him is that he is very funny! I used to laugh at his jokes.

As I was staring at him and Saya was talking him, my heart started beating faster, and again I felt anxious.  I heard footsteps. Lub..Dub..Lub..Dub.. ... .. my heart stopped as I heard him say " Hey!" I quickly ran behind Saya and hid. 

" Why ?? This madam won't talk to me is it ? " he asked sarcastically, in his soft but deep voice,  at Saya, whom I saw blushing. Why was she blushing? Did she like him? 

"No No she would talk, why wouldn't she? Meeya what's wrong? " she asked as she dragged me out of my safe place. I was literally standing right in front of him. My cheeks started to get redder and redder, but cause I have gotten tanner, it was not that obvious.  I looked up, and I saw his eyes which were shining, his smile was making a construction to happen in my stomach. he was wearing a white shirt that fit perfectly and was wearing a Kaili ( an Indian traditional men attire).Oh god, he looked gorgeous to my eyes.  

"Oh hi

"Oh hi ..." I said as I looked down shyly.

" Oh, this madam won't look at me and talk, is it? He asked Saya. I am right in front of you, why are you talking to her? I asked myself feeling an immense jealousy in me. I wanted to get out of there so badly.It was too awkward. " Ya Allah, help me please!" I murmured. 

Before he could utter another word, " MEEYA!!!" my mom calls out. " Ooops  I gotta go bye!! " I said and ran as my scarf swift pass his face and he stood there, annoyed. Saya followed me because if her Dad sees her talking to him, he would kill her. 

It was 4 am already and everyone was still awake. I was just wondering about the things that just happened. I heard a Motorbike sound near the gate. I quickly ran and saw Farim there. He was sitting on the bike and waved at me. I waved back! He was calling out for his mom. I was thinking they're leaving to their house ( a few streets far ). His mom hurried and kissed me on the cheeks and ran to the bike and sat behind him.(In India youngsters are allowed to ride a bike without license) Then instead of going, he took out his Sony Xperia phone ( at that time it was like Iphone) and played a ringtone. it went:
" I love you baby umma umma ummah ". ( Play the video)

I was in literal shock, did he just indirectly said 'I love you' to me? I blushed. I heard a chuckle behind my back and IT WAS SAYA! He left.

I felt pain in my heart. It felt weak. " Did he say it to her? " I murmured. 

I know I was unlucky. "Why in the world did you create me? I am such a useless weak loser! " I shouted at God in my mind and controlled the tear as I ran to the room and cried and cried and cried. Each time with the thought of dying and misery. 

hey guys

how was it ?? What do you think about it?