Utter Shock- Chapter 8

" Eww. Why are you naked? Go dress up. Are you hiding from me?" yells my mom and for once she actually saved my life. " Thanks, Allah!" I whispered as I quickly ran out with my clothes on.

I can't believe it that my family actually forgot about me. Forgot about my existence. Sometimes I thought they can't be that bad.But that day I knew that if I was going to be stranded on an island, they won't bother to come for rescue. 

As I cleaned myself, I put on a chudidhar that was in black and had a pink embroidery. It looked really pretty and simple. And also baggy pink pants that were made out of cotton that felt so comfortable on my skin. (Picture above)   

I opened the room door and saw congested hallway of relatives. Mostly there was a flock of ladies who glittered like jewels with them showing off their Gold Jewelleries. In India, one's family's prestige carries upon how many golds the women of the family are wearing. If you go to any wedding, the most distractive thing will be ladies wearing chunks of gold as if they are owning a gold shop. And obviously, my mom would wear tons of them. With her chest held up high and chin lifted 45 degrees, I saw her walking across as she boasts off how much she spent on the jewelry. 

To be honest, I hate crowds who gossips and talks about gold. They make me feel a bit claustrophobic and oh, the noise! I covered my head with a silky pink scarf that comes with the chudidhar (Picture above) and ran to the kitchen to find for Saya. 

Saya was nowhere to be found. I decided to go upstairs in search of her. Oh boy, the second floor was even crowded. I squeezed my way through the corridor to the rooms." That is Nisa's daughter!"," Oh, she has grown up!" , " Parveen, you have a son right. She looks just right for him. She is from Singapore too and he can settle there!" I heard the ladies whispering and chattering making my blood boil. Come on, I am too young to even get married and I haven't gotten my puberty. Plus I don't want an arranged marriage and get stuck in a miserable life again. 

Suddenly, I felt someone pulling my scarf back. I knew it was Syadeek because only he can be so mean to me. I tried to pull back but instead, I got dragged backwards into one of the rooms.I immediately closed my eyes. 

I knew I am going to die this time. A whole room with me and Syadeek inside, sure he is going to transform into Devil and rip my soul out of me. I can hear faint noises of the crowd, but not so clearly as the door was shut. I heard hard breathings. "Oh Allah I think it is the time to see you already, I am prepared. Take my soul out before this devil would! I'd rather die by your hands then this devil's". 

"Pakki... I wanted to tell this for a long time but didn't get the chance to. Now I am not gonna waste any more time, I love you. Would you stay with me until the end? " a voice whispered in my ears that felt like honey dripping down my throat. I can't be dreaming, I am still awake, just my eyes are closed. Ok, chill meeya chill. It can't be Farim. 

I opened my eyes slowly and slowly. As my eyes were adjusting to the light, my vision was still blurred. I faintly saw a person with short hair, nice smile, a black shirt, a black pant, a watch. Slowly my vision came back and I clasped my hand over my mouth and saw him..Farim in utter shock. Did he say he loved me? 

Hey Guys 

I hope it is going interestingly. 

Vote, share, comment and follow me yea!