Sister - Chapter 12

The morning was as assured as the tides and just as unstoppable. I needed a few more hours of blackness. Not to sleep, but to prepare, to pour my thoughts out onto a page, reorganize, prioritize and pack them back in again. But already I could see the chaos that was in my room, the dark ragged outline of the dirty clothes in the cupboard and the tall lamp that I have been tripping over in the dark. Soon there will be colour and traffic noises, the smell of my relatives making Chai (Indian tea) and biscuits. Mom came knocking my head to wake me up before all of that could happen.

Scratching my head in pain I jumped out." I don't know why I gave birth to this stupid girl. She behaves like a boy. Waking up late, not doing any household chores, not cooking. In this pace, I don't think she will ever get a groom Samsun" mom gossiped as I pretend not hearing anything. I really do not know why females, especially in Indian families, are required to cook, clean, wake up early and all that boring stuff. All the boys get to play soccer, go to friend's house, wake up late. Like seriously WTH! When would we get freedom? After marriage? Why are we slaves but the boys are kings? As all the thoughts came pouring in, I freshened myself and headed to the hall in search of someone.

I literally looked everywhere, even under the sofa, Farim was nowhere to be found. "Why would he want to leave when I am here," I thought to myself. Maybe he is busy the angel said. No of course who cares about you? the devil whispered. Oh ya ... WHO CARES ABOUT ME? I hung my head low and walked to the kitchen to relieve myself with a cup of hot tea.

" Meeya! Good morning! Mom !!! OUCH, comb slowly! It's painful" Saya moans in pain as her mom applied oil and combed her luscious golden hair as she got ready for high school. I sat down with my cup of tea and looked at the scene with envy.

My mom had never combed my hair or woke me up to go to school. We had maid back then to help us. Sometimes I yearned for this kind of simplest things. Kiss me on the cheeks and a goodbye. What if I never came back alive, would my mom had regretted not doing those stuff? I don't think so, she has three other children too.

Oh ya, I forgot to introduce my younger sister! Yea I had a younger sister, named Hima, who was born 8 years after me. Only after that, my mom became weird towards me. Before that, I was a mommy's girl. I was treated like a princess. But things changed, I got replaced. I had never shown any vengeance towards her but took care of her like she was mine with love and care. She was a cute 3-year-old kid with curly hair that falls onto her eyes, always carrying around her half drunken milk bottle and walking like a duck. She was adorable.

 She was adorable

"ma.. ma ... " she came running towards me with milk spilling all over the floor. I carried her and calm her down by shaking up and down, walking to the window and pointing to the cows that casually walked on the streets. " mooooo..." she chuckled and I looked at her, right into her eyes.

Hima smiled like she's happy right to her soul, like there is no part of her that sadness dwells. She has no mannerisms that show damage of any kind; she's perfection right down to her micro-expressions. I'd sell my soul just to be her for one day, to walk in those shoes instead of my own. If that's envy I don't care. I don't want her to go through the same thing I did.

She got down and hurriedly ran with her cute little legs towards the gate as she heard bike horning sounds. I chased after her, pass the curtains, pass the hall towards the entrance. I saw someone carrying her! OH SHIT! IS SOMEONE KIDNAPPING MY SISTER?

Hey, guys !!!

sorry I was away for awhile because I had major exams! Some people asked me how old I am now .. haha I am 19 now studying biomedical !!

Do comment, vote and follow!!