The Big Day - Chapter 22

MEEYA POV

Yea... It was the day.

The crowd moved like a multi-headed beast that shared only one brain. Their thoughts were in lock-step as much as their feet.

A speech boomed over the crowd, strident timbre of the voice, cacophony of applause and cheering, whooping, hollering, clapping, stamping of feet, palpable excitement buzzed through the charged air, infectious grins, strangers shaking hands, patting one another on the back, spontaneous outpouring of emotion.

"Welcome, Assalam Alaikum everyone. In shaa Allah lets put our hands together dua for the new couple - Ajamal & Jasmine....." and so the Nikkah began.

The groom and Bride became Husband and Wife. I couldn't imagine what they were thinking. Love? Anxiety? Passion? Fear?

But I certainly knew I was not on the same page as them.

Now the focus turns on us, that's what this story is about, well maybe.

I was wearing this Sky Blue dress that had it's sleeves stitched recently. "Saya the dress is quite tight around my chest area... should I change the dress?" I asked Saya as I was looking at the mirror in the room upstairs. I wasn't a self-conscious girl but that was till I met Farim.

"No Meeya, you look gorgeous. Look at me, what matters is the inside but not the outside" sometimes I wished she was my older sister, a sister who will tell me it's alright. I had my makeup on, not that much just an eyeliner and powder.

We walked out the room and my dress flowed with me.

"Oh my Gosh! Meeya....." Farim covered his eyes after he looked at me. There was his troop behind him, sorta looking like high school sidekicks.

I didn't know what to feel. But was I embarrassed, hell yes. Maybe he thinks you look beautiful says the angel. Well maybe not says the devil. I look at myself in the reflection of a black side window and chucked my side hair behind my ears. I was shy, not really in a good way.

Farim's POV

That was the day I fall deeper in love. 20th-Jan-2009

She was beautiful. Maybe beauty is an underestimation. From an upfront boyish character, she turned into an elegant, beautiful woman. M-E-E-Y-A ~ an angel who just swept past me with a smile that made me sink under the deep blue ocean. She bent down to take her fallen blue scarf and right at that moment, I knew I should close my eyes "Ya Malikul Khudus" I prayed. "Oh King, The Holy," remembered his sayings and I should avoid from sin.

She seemed shy and walked away from me. Did I hurt her feelings? Oh shit. I chased behind her.

Me: "Hey Hey, why are you being harsh with me? Did I hurt your feelings?"

MEEYA: "Nah it's nothing... I have to go down, I'm a bridesmaid"

ME: "Oh that's cool, well I'm the bestman... so pretty much we will be standing beside each other I guess."

MEEYA: "Well maybe, maybe not as I am not the only one, bye haha"

She giggled and ran away and disappeared among the crowd. I went to the stage where Farhan was sitting and camera's were flashing, songs were playing at the back.

Me: "Congrats dude. I'm happy for you."

Ajamal: "Thanks man!! Soon it will be your turn"

ME: "aah ahahahahah no dude not so soon."

Wouldn't be crazy if he knew I was into his sister. He will be mindblown.

Me: "Congratulations Jasmine. Hope you take good care of him haha as he is still a teenager"

Farhan: " Oh no...you just didn't say that haha stop cracking jokes and get down to be my best man and help me out ai"

Me: "wait ...before that, is that fake eyelashes??"

Jasmine: "Good guess, I don't have real ones haha"

I was standing there beside him as people came into to the house and go, as the cameras kept flashing making my eyes go blind, as ... my beautiful lady finally came stand beside the bride to be the bridesmaid.

Me: "Hey"

MEEYA: "Hey"

Me: "Seems like it took you soo long to come beside me"

MEEYA: "It has just been 30 minutes since we went apart Farim, seems like you were actually dreaming about me I guess"

Me: "Well...haha...Maybe"

Crowd: "Aww they look good together right", "Yes Nisha look at them, they are so lovely, but Noor made them marry at such a young age. "Yes and you know what, she is a year older than him"

MEEYA: "Do you think they are talking about us?"

Me: "I doubt so... If you feel uncomfortable you can leave actually"

I know Meeya is a very conservative girl, who hates to be taken picture of. So I thought it would be better to ask to leave.

MEEYA: "No.. I wanna be with you"

Me: "Yea, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF THE CROWD. Having all eyes on us is a bit uncomfortable don't you think?"

MEEYA: "Definitely!!!"

MEEYA POV

For a moment I thought it was our wedding, MEEYA WEDS FARIM. How great would that be? Marriage isn't a ring worn or a paper signed. It is not something endured but savored. It is the union of two hearts beating as one, each that would sacrifice for the other's happiness and wellbeing. Marriage is something so beautiful that in that natural world it would be an opening rose, always with radiant petals left to unfurl to a warm sun. Perhaps that is why we give roses to those we love and often have them at our sacred unions. Marriage is the blessing we give to one another, an eternal bond of soul-mates. And I knew he would be a perfect soulmate.

I always fantasized weddings and marriages. They are like a portal to escape and get into a new world, to start afresh. He would be a great husband, taking care of me. But I don't wanna end up like Romeo and Juliet, where they can't even meet each other as they have a history of family rivalry. Just as my thoughts were drifting...

He held my hands from behind the newly wed couple's chairs and tickled the center of my hand. I giggled, and the crowd was jolting stares at me. "stop it, everyone is watching us!" I whispered. "As long as you keep smiling, I'll stop. But if I see you drift away in your world, I won't hesitate to drop to my knees and say 'will you marry me, my princess' ", he whispered which made me smile like a lunatic. He makes me smile... yes SMILE... something that no one was capable of doing to me as, if I was not wrong, for the past few years I have actually forgotten the meaning of SMILE.

Hey guys

hope yOU ARE ENJOYING !! I'll update every TUESDAYS AND FRIDAYS YAY!!

SO look out for an update on these days yay. and vote, comment, and share!!!