“Right class... turn to page 101 in the textbook and we shall start on exercise 1.” Jake started to go through the equations for trigonometry but me and Becki didn’t listen seeing as Jake had already taught us it for the maths challenge. I turned back to look at her so then I could try and convince her that there was nothing going on.

“I don’t want anything more... I like having Jake as a friend.”

“Hayden... you can’t lie to me... it’s not like I’m going to tell anyone anyway... you like him admit it.”

“But I can’t he’s our teacher for crying out loud.”

“Ye so what... Hayden you’ve watched Pretty Little Liars... did the fact of Ezra being a teacher stop Ezra and Aria from having a relationship?”

“No but that’s a TV show, which I only watched because you forced me to... this is reality and I’m not admitting anything. If I ever did then I have to face the fact that he will feel nothing for me except friendship as he just sees me as a kid.”

“Oh ye... Hayden you don’t see the way he looks at you.”

“Girls is there a problem?” we both turned to see the whole class looking in our direction with Jake stood there smiling at us.

“No sir... there’s no problem” I answered. He nodded and turned back towards the board.

“Anyway class you can start the exercise now... if anyone struggles just shout me.” He said whilst everyone started to put their head down and work. I slowly put my head down and looked at the work until I heard the door open.

“Sorry I’m late sir” Amber said.

“May I ask why you are late?” Jake looked at her.

“I overslept sir” she said whilst biting her bottom lip. Was she actually being serious... she thought she could flirt with him by telling him she overslept.

“Right... well sit down, turn to pg 101 look through the example and then start the exercise” Jake said. He turned around on his chair so then he was facing his computer again and started to type away.

I looked at Amber and saw her stomping all the way to her chair with a frown on her face. As she sat down I saw Cheryl lean over to talk to her. “Shut up” Amber hissed at her which made Cheryl retreat back into her seat with her head down towards her desk. I shook my head... She was a bitch but now she seems worse than she usually is... What was going on?

I looked down at the textbook and realised that Beciy was already half way through. After what felt like a couple of minutes I looked up at the clock and saw that I actually had 5 minutes of the lesson left. I sighed and put my pencil down on the table whilst leaning back in my chair. I saw Jake look up and see me sit back in my chair. He smiled whilst standing up and walked towards mine and Becki’s table. He walked behind us and leaned over me so then he could look at my work. I saw Becki look at me from the corner of my eye and slowly smile at me.

“SIR” I heard a high-pitched squeaky voice shout from the other side of the room. Jake sighed at the side of me and Becki.

“Urg...sometimes I regret being a teacher” he whispered which made me and Becki laugh. “Anyway... well done Hayden” he looked over at Becki’s work, as she had also finished, and quickly flicked through her work. “You too Becki... you can both start working on the algebra if you want page 201” he said before walking off towards Amber’s table to help her with something that is probably 1+1 just as long as she gets his attention.

I looked at Becki and rolled my eyes before starting the work Jake had told us to start. “Jealous?” I heard Becki whisper from beside me.

“Seriously Becki shut up now” I said trying to hide my smile. She laughed a little bit and then we started the work.