Chapter 15: ACTS OF TERROR

Start from the beginning

I pulled out my walkie-talkie from my pocket and pushed a button to speak to Hershel.

"The section is clear. Move your forces to the facility and get our men." I ordered, "Remember! No survivors. Kill them all."

"Understood." Heshel complied before I put my walkie-talkie back into my pocket.

I continued watching Alice and his forces outside the window. She's inside a Humvee and she had ordered his men to rescue the hostages.

"We have a promblem, the guards are vampires, werewolves, witches, and warlock." Hershel's voice boomed out from my walkie-talkie inside my pocket.

As expected of my rival. She always have a trick up her sleeve and she won't go back down, not just yet. But...

I quickly pulled out it out and said, "Don't engage them yet. Only rescue our men as soon as possible without facing them."

I turned around to see my laptop placed on my bed. I walked toward it and pushed a button to turn it on.

It seems that Alice haven't realize that there's a speaker and a camera inside her Humvee. I'm gonna have to toy with her.

I turned the volume up on my laptop and continued watching the screen.

"This, X is just a mere terrorist who confuses himself with justice." Alice crossed her arms and leaned back on her seat.

I pulled out my microphone from my jacket and putted it up to my lips before pushing a button to broadcast my voice inside her Humvee.

"And you're just a political tool for the corrupt who opresses the weak." I retorted and smiled devilishly, "Now, don't do anything stupid. If you do, this car will explode."

Alice looked around, wanting to know where the voice came from. Based on her expression, she's not surprised but curious.

"What do you want?" She clenched her fists.

"I want you to stand down your remaining guards at the facility."

She scoffed, "I see, this was just a big bait to lure me and my men out." She bites her lips and cracked her knuckles. "This was never about the corrupt Mayor and his employees. You sacraficed yourself for your men."

"You catch on pretty quick. Now! Order your men to stand down. If you don't wanna die."

"Your plan may have suceeded. But your done. I have already ordered my men to re-take the Mayor's building. Who will lead The Hunters this time? Since you were their best leader." She smirked deviously.

She still doesn't realize that I have already left the Mayor's office and the TV may be showing me inside the building but they haven't notice that it's just a mere recording.

I pulled out my detonator and pushed the button to destroy the Mayor's entire building, "And I'm still am."

A simple recording has clouded your thinking. Checkmate.

The buiding exploded, killing Alice's soldiers and my hostages, including the Mayor.

Alice looked out the window and saw complete destruction. Anyone near the building are either injured or dead. Her eyes lit up in shocking fear while I started to laugh sinisterly, causing Alice to grit her teeth and shouted, "You animal!!! I will kill you for this."

I stopped laughing and asked, "Can you? I doubt it, if you don't order your men to stand down now.", I started laughing again.

Alice slowly pulled out her phone and ordered her guards inside the facility to stand down. She grits her teeth before saying, " This is not over. I will find you to get revenge for my men."

And I agree. Because this game would be boring.

I pushed a button to turn off my laptop before closing it and pull out my walkie-talkie.

I putted it up to my lips and pushed a button, "You can now move. Get our men."

"Roger that, X." Hershel's voice replied.

(Later)

In the end, my plan worked. But still, there were many casualties. Mostly the enemies and civilians. I only lost 13 men in the process to save my 185 soldiers from Alice.

I exited my vehicle and saw my house. I took a deep breath and smiled before walking towards the door.

As I was about to open the door, I saw a note sticking on it. My eyes continued to look at it, trying to examine it.

The note said: Bye, Will. We are not working out. I'm going to be married to a rich vampire named Walter. He's one of Davian's best men. Actually my father forced me to marry him so The Hunter's loyalty will be to The Brotherhood and my father thinks you are just a weak man because he doesn't know you well, he doesn't even know who is X. I tried to explain to him about you but it's too late. You've always choose your work first. Sorry, I let you down. - Tara.

I gritted my teeth in irritation.

So that was making her grumpy that day.

Um, Tara, we were just friends and we were never a couple, you do know the we're married thing was just an act but... I will never let you marry someone like Walter. He's a parasite, all of The Brotherhoods. All of them.

That bitch! It's hard to understand a woman's mind. If only you have told me this sooner, I would have helped you. If you told me that you loved me, I would have loved you back. That's why I will save you.

I quickly pulled out my phone to pinpoint Tara's location since I have putted a bug on her shoes. My eyes opened wide as I located her location.

She's in a warehouse not too far from here. It's gonna take me house to drive there but I will save you. Whatever it takes.