Chase asked me what!

Chapter 17

*Chase's POV*

After a while of being in my history class I went to the front of the class to talk to Mr. Canon.

"What is it Chase?" Mr. Canon asked.

You know the best thing about Mr. Canon? He's a spy mentor just like my mother, father, and Mr. Smith. He looks up and I start to whisper to him.

"Mr. Canon, I have something to ask you, but it has to do with getting out of class..." I said slowly.

"What do you mean to get out of my class? Do you have an assignment from your mother?" Mr. Canon asked.

"Well yes and no. I do have an assignment. It's to watch Jaycie sir. Only this isn't part of the assignment." I replied.

"This part is what then?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, it's just that I want to ask her out..." I say.

"Chase.." He started although I saw happiness in his eyes, I saw sorrow.

"I know Mr. Canon." I say cutting him off. "I shouldn't date her, I know. Maybe she'll open up more about it though. Maybe just going out with her will let her trust me easier."

"I understand, but are you sure you want to put her in that position? Are you sure you want to put yourself in that position?" He asked.

"I'll be fine with it and I'm pretty sure she'll be fine with it. Also sir?"

"Yes Chase?"

"Have you ever done this before?" I asked.

"I have when I was your age. I was doing the same assignment." He said only he looked away with a small sad smile.

"What happened?"

"Her name was Tony. She and I did date. The event happened after 6 months of me protecting her and 5 months of dating her. We had grown very close. I had loved her. One day changed it all. I was picking her up for a date. She was at her house. When I arrived I saw something creeping up to the house. I had tried to take it down, only she saw. It was going to attack me with it's claw. Only she had gotten in front of the claw and it scratched deeply into her chest. I stayed with her the whole time. She had been put into a coma. She's alive and has been, but I've stayed away. She's my only love." He said.

"Sir. Why have you stayed away?"

"So she may be safe."

"Sometimes we need to go against our own rules sir. Have you been in contact with her?"

"I have." He said.

"Well. She alone?"

"Chase."

"Answer me, Mr. Canon. Is she?"

"Yes, Chase."

"Go after her." I say with a grin as I walk away.

He shakes his head with a silent chuckle and I hear him say 'Of course he says that and walks away.' Something along those lines.

I go get my stuff as Jaycie looks up from her work.

"I'll be back Jaycie." I say and leave.

*****

After twenty minutes Tania, Skull, and I had gotten to a place where we could speak for a few minutes. It took four minutes to talk about my idea. They added suggestions and they won. We were going with their suggestions.

"You know what would help her open up more?" Tania asked.

"What?" We asked.

"If you told her what you know." She started. "She thinks that you two don't know. That's why she lied about the story of her Dad when you were around. She doesn't like to lie, so why don't you do something like tell her you knew what the freak was."