Lunch

HEYYY!

Preston Strother as Chase O'Neil!

________________________

Chapter 3

*Chase's POV*

We had gone over all of the Biology notes as she copied them down. She had a few questions that I answered right off the bat and I was glad that Tania helped out at the times I didn't know the answer to Jaycie's question. Jaycie wasn't so lucky today since there was a test and Mr. Mattias just wanted to know where she was at. She told me she guessed on the whole thing because she didn't know any of the material.

"Wait, that's what Facilitated Diffusion is? Awesome! I got it right!" She exclaimed in a whisper.

"That's great Jaycie!" I whispered back with a smile.

"While I am happy I learned mostly everything, when is lunch?" She asked and just as she said that I heard her stomach growl.

She grinned sheepishly as Tania and I laughed at that.

"It's actually in 5 min," I reply looking at my watch with the smile I couldn't contain.

"Awesome! Let me finish jotting these notes down and I'll be done." She started to finish writing notes as Tania and I got ready to go.

Getting ready to leave she passes me my notebook.

"Thanks, Chase and Tania. You two are amazing!" She exclaims quietly.

"You could say that again," Tania cockily says.

"Well, I'm not going to. It'll only make your ego bigger and you have a big enough ego already." Jaycie says.

I laugh as they banter while we walk out of the library.

"Chase!" I heard the one voice I didn't want to hear.

I cringed when I heard her voice. We were stuck as partners and I begged Mr. Canon to change, but he wouldn't allow it. Tracy was right behind me.

I looked ahead to see no one who could help me.

"Chase, are you alright?" Skull asked putting his arm over me and Tania. "Just keep walking and pretend you never heard her." He says just for me.

I crack a smile at that.

"Come on Jaycie! Catch up!" Tania exclaims with a grin.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" Jaycie says, getting out of her stupor.

When she caught up, she was next to me. I draped my arm around her. She kind of jumped when she felt my arm around her. I ignored the way she jumped and lowered my voice to a whisper.

"Just ignore her for now, alright?"

She turned towards me and looked confused.

"Alright," she says in confusion.

"Hey, Jaycie! Welcome back! Nia told me the bad news and I'm very sorry for your loss. I hope you get better soon to the point where you can go inside music class. I mean we could use BOTH of our other percussionists." Skull started off sincerely then the last sentence he faked a cough as he stated it.

"Sorry," Jaycie says with an apologetic smile. "But, thank you, Skull."

"No prob. I just need to not be alone when playing a piece." Skull says with a shrug.

"Stop making her feel guilty," Tania says while whacking his arm.

"Alright, alright." he says.

"Chase, please stop ignoring me," Tracy tiredly says.