The wish.

Chapter 33

*Jaycie's POV*

Beep...beep...beep

That's what I hear when I am slowly waking up. I stay on the bed though and let the heart monitor beep. I was in Chase's room laying in his bed in his arms. I hadn't left even when they said I could go home. I just wanted to stay with him. My wolf had wanted me to stay. All I could feel are the tingling sensations from when I touched his hand for the first time that day my parents took me out of the room. They wanted me to eat and bathe. That was the last time.

Then someone came in whispering.

"Should we tell them?" Daniella asked someone.

"We should. I mean it will only be fair. Plus you found me when we were young and then found out at sixteen. You heard her. She felt a shock. He felt it too. Then she was growling at Skull when he was threatening Chase. They must be... You know." James whispered.

"But, Chase? He's just a human."

"I don't think he is. He's too strong to be just a human. You saw his speed yourself. You admitted it yourself. His mother even said that when they trained him for that unit he was the only teen besides Skull to be able to fight supernaturals like us. He can't be normal."

"I know James, but... What the hell is he then?"

"That's what I'm going to figure out. I have to touch his hand though. I'll be searching through his memories and all to find out. Of course only ones that involve supernaturals. Before he was near us and I think Jaycie said that he was 8 when the two met. That should be a good starting point."

I got up and looked at them. I noticed that Chase was up as well. He was slowly eyeing the two.

"What are you...t-two go..." He shut his eyes and put his hand on his chest.

They jumped as I worried about Chase.

"Hey, don't talk. You need to save that. Also put the mask back on. You're going to hurt yourself." I murmured as I put his oxygen mask on as his lungs had been a tad bit weak. The doctors said that it is slowly healing, but it should become stronger by the end of this week.

He started to breathe normally.

"Thanks." He murmured back.

I kissed the side of his head. Then I looked at the two.

"Now what were you two yammering about? Knowing what when you were 16? What's with thinking that Chase isn't a human?"

James cleared his throat.

"Well, Chase seems like he just hasn't found himself... Maybe... Or it could just be a plus side with a human being a mate to a supernatural."

I froze and felt hurt. Wait, what? W-why didn't he tell me?

"Mate with who?" Chase said slowly as he took it off again.

"Look to your left." Daniella said as I put his mask back on.

Then I froze. I'm...on...his left... What? I look straight at them confused. I'm not suppose to know until I am 18, not 16... Yes I turned 16 recently. I didn't want to celebrate without Paul and Chase. Chase has been slowly recovering and I didn't want to celebrate without him. It felt wrong and I didn't want to leave his... Ohhhh... Wait, maybe they are right...

My wolf has been acting different ever since. She always had this sense of serene calm around him and happiness. I haven't been paying much attention to her. Maybe if I actually listen to her this time though...