Sister bonding

Chapter 18

*Jaycie's POV*

"Are you okay, Jaycie?" He asked.

"Yeah. Just trying to clear my head." I said when I could see fuzzy hazes of memories.

"We can stop if you want." He says as he does comforting motions on my sides.

I slowly shake my head and kiss him.

"I don't want to, but I think I should get going. Morse and Justin are getting worried about me. As well as Thalia, Link, and Tessa." I said.

"You know what. Tessa told me not to hog you and I got to take you somewhere for her." He said with a smile.

"Where?"

"You'll see, Jaycie." He said chuckling.

"Oh alright." I grumbled.

He laughed and told me to follow him. So I followed him to his car after he locked the restaurant doors. He started to drive and I made sure to watch where we were going this time.

"Jaycie?"

"Yes Chase?" I asked.

"When is your birthday?" He asked.

"Oh, my birthday isn't till next year." I answered.

"When next year?" He asked.

"Oh just sometime next year." I say with a grin and shrug.

"Come on, tell me." He pouted.

He had my hand and squeezed it. I just laughed at him.

"I would think you would know after what my friends did along with my brother." I said shaking my head. "They always do some surprises on my birthday."

"Oh! I know when! You were born on the 5th. Isn't five your favorite number? I always see you smiling when you put a five down during a card game at school."

"Yeah it is. Now only if I was born in 2005. It would of been 5-5-05. That would of been awesome." I grinned.

"That's true, but I am glad you aren't." He said.

"Why is that?" I asked getting as close to him as I can. I looked at him with a sweet smile. He took his eyes off the road for one second to look at me. He turned back smiling himself. He chuckled as he answered me.

"Because, I like having someone near my age not 7 years younger than me to be my girlfriend." He said.

"Speaking of me, let me ask about my family, friends, and your siblings."

"What about them?" He asked.

"Did you ask my father and brother?" I asked him.

"I asked your father. He gave me a whole lecture. He says not to hurt you, lie to you, and to not touch you in many ways. Your dad gave me the talk. The talk." He says making me laugh. "Also ehhh, about your brother... I didn't tell him yet. I have a big feeling he doesn't like me. I feel like instead of your father being the one with the shotgun he will be the one with the gun."

I sat back into my seat laughing.

"You're so adorable! That's truly hilarious since my dad is the one with the guns." I said as I sobered up.

"You don't know. Your brother could possibly be hiding his stash of guns like Mr. and Mrs. Smith." He said with a shrug which made me laugh.

"For your sake lets hope not." I say while shaking my head.