Dope

"Ahjussi? Isn't that a bit hard? I mean, for their first one shouldn't it be easier?" Jungkook cane forward, and his words made me realise something.

This Oh Doel Pyo lookalike was trying to make us look bad so he could chuck us out of the group.

"Jungkook we'll be fine. It's good that our first dance is challenging; that way you can judge how good we are at dancing better."

Yoongi elbowed me, and I looked at him.

"Don't worry.. We can do this." I whispered, and he nodded in reply.

The choreographer, while being a bitch, was good. He taught us a small part of the dance quickly, and helped us get to grips with it.

"Show the boys the full thing I taught you. Both them and I will judge whether you're gid enough." he squawked.

We danced, and I put my all into it. In the corner of my eye, I could see Yoongi was too.

While the dance was short, I knew I had to do my best.

Upon finishing, silence hung over the room. Not even the choreographer was talking, everyone was quiet.

Jungkook, seeming shocked, started slowly clapping. They all joined in, one by one.

"That was amazing... For your first time, doing Dope.. Wow.." Namjoon said. I grinned.

"I've done such a good job in such a short time... No need to thank me, though, is all a part of the job." someone squeaked, and I couldn't help myself from laughing. It was obvious who had said it.

It was just a little giggle, but I tried playing it off as a joyful squeal.

It fooled the choreographer, but Yoongi immediately burst out laughing.

His laugh set me off, and before I knew what was happening everyone was laughing their heads off.

I ran to Yoongi, hugging him.

"We did it, Suga. We turned over a new leaf."

"Yeah... Thanks.."

"What for? You did most of it.."

"Me? You're the reason I wanted to do this, so even if you think I did most of the work, you're the reason I did that anyway."

I giggled, reaching for his hand. Our fingers intertwined slightly, and I turned to the rest.

"Thank you so much!" I said perkily, standing on my tiptoes, "This means a lot to me and Yoongi, and we promise to do our best. We won't let you down!"

"I can see that." Jungkook said, "Go rest. For a first day, learning and practising Dope is hard... Five hours.."

I looked at a clock, surprised to see how late it was.

"Again, thank you! Let's go Yoongi!" I said, bowing as I walked backwards out of the room.

I'm not blowing this.

I'm going to get this second chance right.